Sony claims "Growing library of games at your fingertips in advertisement".....

#11DarkFistsPosted 11/4/2013 3:09:40 AM
gadgaurd posted...
DarkFists posted...
Within the next few months, we have Ys: Memories of Celceta, Danganronpa, Tearaway, Sorcery Saga, and Demon Gaze coming out as completely new titles (well, Ys is a remake, but it might as well be its own game), I may be forgetting some as well...

Sounds like an expanding library to me.

Toukiden, Freedom Wars, maybe God Eater 2.

Well I meant to put "in the US" in my post...but Toukiden was one that I forgot...to think, I plan on getting that one too >.>
#12gadgaurdPosted 11/4/2013 3:13:21 AM
INKU48 posted...
Isn't this just another "I hate indie games and wish Sony would give us "real" games" topic? The point of it doesn't seem to be that the claim Sony makes is false, just that you don't like indie games.

Don't forget the ports. You'd think a guy who didn't buy any console this gen would be somewhat satisfied.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#13Eravel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:29:40 AM
gadgaurd posted...
INKU48 posted...
Isn't this just another "I hate indie games and wish Sony would give us "real" games" topic? The point of it doesn't seem to be that the claim Sony makes is false, just that you don't like indie games.

Don't forget the ports. You'd think a guy who didn't buy any console this gen would be somewhat satisfied.

Because we sure do have a lot of the PS3's good games like the Elder Scrolls, GTA, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank and many others, right? Oh wait, we don't. Nice try, kiddo.
#14Eravel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:32:00 AM
DarkFists posted...
Within the next few months, we have Ys: Memories of Celceta, Danganronpa, Tearaway, Sorcery Saga, and Demon Gaze coming out as completely new titles (well, Ys is a remake, but it might as well be its own game), I may be forgetting some as well...

I don't think anyone other than the vocal minority on Gamefaqs cares about any of the titles you mentioned, barring Tearaway. That's why the 3DS has a good release lineup, it appeals to a broad spectrum of gamers, not just the otaku niche.
#15gadgaurdPosted 11/4/2013 3:32:56 AM
Eravel posted...
gadgaurd posted...
INKU48 posted...

Because we sure do have a lot of the PS3's good games like the Elder Scrolls, GTA

And like that, you've lost me.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#16DarkFistsPosted 11/4/2013 3:34:54 AM
Eravel posted...
DarkFists posted...

I don't think anyone other than the vocal minority on Gamefaqs cares about any of the titles you mentioned, barring Tearaway. That's why the 3DS has a good release lineup, it appeals to a broad spectrum of gamers, not just the otaku niche.

I wouldn't call myself an otaku, and I plan on getting those so...meh, it's a niche, I do admit to that, but none of those are really "otaku bait" aside from a certain part of Demon Gaze and possibly Sorcery Saga
#17alexg1989Posted 11/4/2013 8:27:34 AM(edited)
This incessant wish that ports not be considered parts of the Vita's library is just ridiculous.

"Oh yea, the vita has 10 games BUT 7 of them are ports" Like, what does that even mean and why does that even matter? In the end, that still means they're 10 quality games, and it still means that the PS Vita is the ONLY handheld you can play those games on aside from extremely gimped versions that may or may not get ported to the 3DS for tech limitations...

Good luck playing Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 Sigma on any other handheld, and good luck finding a copy of MGS 2 on a 3DS... Try finding SF X Tekken on another handheld..

ridiculousness
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#18VegantoKeensPosted 11/4/2013 8:26:03 AM
Well it certainly has a lot of room to grow. I just wish they would be adding their own original exclusives more. One Infamous and The Last of Us title would do more for sales than 40 indies.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#19CODOG_OMEGAPosted 11/4/2013 12:15:04 PM
alexg1989 posted...
This incessant wish that ports not be considered parts of the Vita's library is just ridiculous.

"Oh yea, the vita has 10 games BUT 7 of them are ports" Like, what does that even mean and why does that even matter? In the end, that still means they're 10 quality games, and it still means that the PS Vita is the ONLY handheld you can play those games on aside from extremely gimped versions that may or may not get ported to the 3DS for tech limitations...

Good luck playing Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 Sigma on any other handheld, and good luck finding a copy of MGS 2 on a 3DS... Try finding SF X Tekken on another handheld..

ridiculousness

I couldn't agree more with you. MGS3 was an amazing port on the Vita, in fact I enjoyed the port considerably more than the original PS2 version. No matter how some may view Vita's lackluster games -- When it comes to ports -- PS Vita does it best. And you know what? I've been wanting this since the PSP was first announced back in mid 2000 :D
---
If yuo've sniged up ot GmaeQFAs thne yuo shuodl kwno yuo aer nto a gmaer... Sreoilusy!
#20chuchumyrocketPosted 11/4/2013 12:27:01 PM
Eravel posted...
I do hate to sound snarky, but if I were a consumer choosing between the Vita and a 3DS, I'm pretty sure people would go with Super Smash Bros. over Spelunky. After all, people do want quality in their games, not padding. After all, most indie on the Vita are Flash games with a price tag.

Please stop making accounts :/
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."