Unit 13 or walking dead?

#11alexg1989Posted 11/8/2013 12:33:33 PM
Can't you just get both for the price of 1 Vita game nowadays? It'd be more than worth it imo. Each should go for about 19.99 New or even lower if you buy them used.

Unit 13 has no story, or very little but the story is not the focus. Having said that, Unit 13 is still incredibly fun 3rd person shooter. Its made by the same people that made the SOCOM games on PSP and PS2, Zipper, so the gameplay is top-notch. Killzone Mercenary may have been the first great FPS on Vita, but Unit 13 was the first great shooter on Vita. There are many missions and each mission has various objectives, so replay value is through the roof. It can get pretty difficult too...

The Walking Dead has very little actual gameplay. Its more of a point and click, so most of your time will be spent walking around, investigating things, talking to people, making choices and most of all, watching the story. Its more of a TV series where you can interact with the characters.

Both games are great and both are worth having, but if you can only choose one for now I'd go with Unit 13 first. Its a fun game and you get to play soldier and kill terrorists. But definitely get Walking Dead sometime down the road.
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#12cheezedadadaPosted 11/8/2013 12:35:02 PM(edited)
Big-B055 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Big-B055 posted...
does the walking dead have much replay value?

Not really. You can go through and choose different outcomes, but its nothing drastic by any means. Its such an awesome game though and should be played by anyone who is even remotely interested in it.

how long is it roughly?

Each of the 5 episodes average out to about 2 1/2 hours a piece. Then there is 400 days which is the extra episode included that came after which is only about ~1 hour or so.

Total that up and its about 13-14 hours give or take. Time well spent I think. Such a great game.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#13alexg1989Posted 11/8/2013 12:36:47 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Big-B055 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Big-B055 posted...
does the walking dead have much replay value?

Not really. You can go through and choose different outcomes, but its nothing drastic by any means. Its such an awesome game though and should be played by anyone who is even remotely interested in it.

how long is it roughly?

Each of the 5 episodes average out to about 2 1/2 hours a piece. Then there is 400 days which is the extra episode included that came after which is only about ~1 hour or so.

Total that up and its about 13-14 hours give or take. Time well spent I think. Such a great game.

not only that, but its an easy platinum trophy as well
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#14Big-B055(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 12:40:15 PM
thanks for the info guys i think im gonna buy unit 13 but il still pick up walking dead after some time
#15cheezedadadaPosted 11/8/2013 12:40:59 PM
Wanted to also say that alexg1989's descriptions of both games are pretty much the case, TC. The gameplay between the two of them are drastically different so if one sounds better than the other go for it.

I loved TWD to the point where I would recommend it over a lot of games to be honest though.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
#16arclouks_xPosted 11/8/2013 12:41:37 PM
unit 13 is fun and has more replay value but walking dead is a way better game, it's around 10-15 hours but really good.
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:Guacamelee, Call of Duty:Ghosts,Resident Evil 4 HD.
#17cheezedadadaPosted 11/8/2013 12:43:42 PM
Big-B055 posted...
thanks for the info guys i think im gonna buy unit 13 but il still pick up walking dead after some time

Sounds good. Buy Unit 13 now and get the replay factor out of it and then jump into TWD later. Cant really go wrong with either, but definitely play TWD at some point.
---
#18Big-B055(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 12:45:23 PM
i normally get bored of games except fallout and deus ex those games are too good
#19hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/8/2013 2:06:53 PM
WD on the Vita is not the best choice. Bad performance/optimisation.

Unit 13 is fun and even better if you can get some online action going. Hell, it's not Grade-A quality, but it is fun.
---
Are you a racist? Find out here by taking the test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4aGzooQdk