Do you feel that Muramasa Rebirth is overrated? (Dead serious)

#1GirlsHateMyFacePosted 11/9/2013 7:06:24 PM
In my opinion:

Pros:
-Gorgeous art direction and graphics
-Great animation
-Great boss fights

Cons:
-Shallow exploration. People call this game a Metrovania. It's really not, it's just a sidescrolling beat 'em up.
-Gameplay never evolves. Perhaps you can make this argument with almost any game, but in Muramasa, I felt the gameplay never evolved or scaled. In a Castlevania or Metroid game, your character plays a lot differently than at the beginning of the game. I just feel like Muramasa never "scaled" as the game went on. It was just static.

Overall, I think it's a decent beat 'em up. I would not call it a Metrovania or even an action RPG. It's really just a beat 'em up.
---
"Agreed. It will either be on Wii U or Vita." - talesfan215 on Persona 5.
#2Semi45aPosted 11/9/2013 7:08:02 PM
Odin Sphere>Muramasa. Undeniable fact not opinion.
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#3GirlsHateMyFace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:08:58 PM
Semi45a posted...
Odin Sphere>Muramasa. Undeniable fact not opinion.

Odin Sphere is more akin to Dragon's Crown than Muramasa anyway.
---
#4elluinkPosted 11/9/2013 7:11:42 PM
In my opinion:

Pros:
-Great animation
-Great boss fights

Cons:
-Shallow exploration. People call this game a Metrovania. It's really not, it's just a sidescrolling beat 'em up.
-Gameplay never evolves. Perhaps you can make this argument with almost any game, but in Muramasa, I felt the gameplay never evolved or scaled. In a Castlevania or Metroid game, your character plays a lot differently than at the beginning of the game. I just feel like Muramasa never "scaled" as the game went on. It was just static.

Overall, I think it's a decent beat 'em up. I would not call it a Metrovania or even an action RPG. It's really just a beat 'em up.

Do you ever make sense?(Dead serious)

How is it overrated when most critics called it "decent" but not groundbreaking or a masterpiece. It has a metacritic score of 78(not that it matters)
#5INKU48Posted 11/9/2013 7:11:50 PM
It's a pretty good game inside the body of a supermodel. It has flaws, especially in the exploration but it's fun to play and has very memorable boss fights. It isn't really that critically acclaimed or recommended in every thread so I wouldn't really use "overrated".

I'd recommend it because I think there is a lot to like about it.
---
http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/t1851-who-plays-sonic-still
#6Tempest717Posted 11/9/2013 7:12:04 PM
I never got bored of Muramasa's combat despite it never evolving for some reason.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#7GirlsHateMyFace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:13:38 PM
elluink posted...
In my opinion:

Pros:
-Great animation
-Great boss fights

Cons:

Do you ever make sense?(Dead serious)

How is it overrated when most critics called it "decent" but not groundbreaking or a masterpiece. It has a metacritic score of 78(not that it matters)

I would say 78 is overrated for a game that is "decent". I would give it a 7 or 6.5 out of 10.

You really need to chill out lmao. It seems I have upset you in ways beyond my own imagination. The mere sight of me makes you rage.
---
#8INKU48Posted 11/9/2013 7:14:36 PM
Tempest717 posted...
I never got bored of Muramasa's combat despite it never evolving for some reason.

It does evolve as in you find new weapons constantly and each has unique special abilities. These abilities aren't an insignificant part of combat either.
---
http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/t1851-who-plays-sonic-still
#9elluinkPosted 11/9/2013 7:17:27 PM
I would say 78 is overrated for a game that is "decent". I would give it a 7 or 6.5 out of 10.

You really need to chill out lmao. It seems I have upset you in ways beyond my own imagination. The mere sight of me makes you rage.

Wow man, dont take yourself too serious, i rarely visit and post on gamefaqs thanks to trolls like you :/
#10OximofoPosted 11/9/2013 7:19:38 PM
Girl5Hat3MyFace posted...
In my opinion:

Pros:
-Great animation
-Great boss fights

Cons:

Turn the trolling down and the difficultly up.

This game was never ever designed to be Metoriodvanian. This was fake vita forum hype. The game existed and people still listened to these people. You could literally play the original game.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9