Do you feel that Muramasa Rebirth is overrated? (Dead serious)

#11KagePakkunPosted 11/10/2013 8:48:28 AM
I'd say it's more underrated since I always see bashing on it or literally no comment.

I really enjoyed it,but the exploration is limited as is the difference between Momohime and Kisuke's abilities.

But the combat is awesome because it resembles a fighting game, with combos and stuff.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#12OoseyePosted 11/10/2013 8:58:17 AM
It was definitely underrated when released on the Wii. Now its way over hyped. I've seen so many people suggest this game when someone asks for good RPGs... May as well call Zelda an RPG as well if we're going to be throwing that term around so loosely.
#13talesfan215Posted 11/10/2013 9:21:54 AM
GirlsLickMyFace posted...
In my opinion:

Pros:
-Gorgeous art direction and graphics
-Great animation
-Great boss fights

Cons:
-Shallow exploration. People call this game a Metrovania. It's really not, it's just a sidescrolling beat 'em up.
-Gameplay never evolves. Perhaps you can make this argument with almost any game, but in Muramasa, I felt the gameplay never evolved or scaled. In a Castlevania or Metroid game, your character plays a lot differently than at the beginning of the game. I just feel like Muramasa never "scaled" as the game went on. It was just static.

Overall, I think it's a decent beat 'em up. I would not call it a Metrovania or even an action RPG. It's really just a beat 'em up.

Picked it up recently again since DLC was announced. Anyone knows how much the DLC goes for in Japan?

On topic, I enjoy it a lot. You get new weapons that look different with different attack speed/effects/special moves. A bit too much backtracking though, but it's straightforward at least with the map, so you never get lost. Love the boss battles.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#14CooperRCPosted 11/10/2013 9:43:06 AM
People just need to calm down about Muramasa and Dragon's Crown and realize that they are not (and were never intended to be) RPG's. They are just beat-em-up games with a few RPG elements.
#15rpglover13Posted 11/10/2013 10:24:43 AM
Semi45a posted...
Odin Sphere>Muramasa. Undeniable fact not opinion.

I haven't played Muramasa, but from all that I've read about it, and my own experience with Odin Sphere (it was one of the best games I had ever played on PS2), I can corroborate this.
#16sticuPosted 11/10/2013 12:55:21 PM
7/10 game for me. The fact that Kisuke and Momohime's combats were basically identical really disappointed me. I wouldn't say the game is overrated tho. I see many people who liked the game, but there's also many people who didn't like the game.

Very straight forward play and leave it game. Still fun tho.
#17MMaestroPosted 11/10/2013 1:02:06 PM
Of course its overrated. Its a 4 year old Wii game that was upgraded to support DLC.

It was great for 2009. Its not so great for 2013.
#18cheezedadadaPosted 11/10/2013 1:11:21 PM
Played it and didn't really like it, but I only gave it a couple hours tops. Ill have to go back one of these days and give it one more shot, but my first impressions were 'meh'.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada