PS Vita Remote Play Stream capped at 30FPS

#21j2zon2591Posted 11/12/2013 8:15:56 PM
mike_411 posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
thebatdadd posted...
We've seen video of the remote play from various sources and it looks absolutely flawless. While 60 FPS would have been preferable, I don't see a problem here.

What is the video's we are seeing are at a 30 fps cap?

Ign has one where greg is playing Ass Creed 4 via remote play. He's playing it right in front of a ps4 and...it looks pretty darn smooth.

What I'm saying is you won't see a 60 fps for PS4 side by side comparison with 30 FPS on VITA RP if the recorded video of the scene is capped only at 30 FPS so both could look equally as smooth. Similar to how you only see 30 FPS with youtube even if the actual footage is 60 fps.
#22StrikeNinja24Posted 11/12/2013 8:20:50 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Still better than xbone Dead rising.

720p and 10-30 fps

LMAO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713883

Sounds more like a Capcom being lazy issue than anything else.

And it isn't easy to outlazy Infinity Ward.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/12/2013 10:47:36 PM
Not surprising. Since they're not using dedicated hardware for high quality compression, the stream needs to eat more bandwidth. It's also going to be working over a 2.4ghz band most likely, so even less bandwidth available, and lots of local interference.
I expect it to be pretty hit or miss in crowded downtown apartments and the like.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#24VitasuperfanboyPosted 11/12/2013 11:14:36 PM
People won't care about FPS, most of people even know what FPS means, they will see the feature functionality and are going to pick up the handheld.
#25BuretsuPosted 11/12/2013 11:24:09 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
Still better than xbone Dead rising.

720p and 10-30 fps

LMAO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713883

Sounds more like a Capcom being lazy issue than anything else.

And it isn't easy to outlazy Infinity Ward.

Capcom's broke; they can't afford those other thirty frames.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#26DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/13/2013 4:07:46 AM
Vitasuperfanboy posted...
People won't care about FPS, most of people even know what FPS means, they will see the feature functionality and are going to pick up the handheld.

That's why games with higher framerates are typically more popular and often regarded by the gaming public as somehow being better, even when they don't know what framerates or FPS is, right?
---
#27GameDesignerSagePosted 11/13/2013 8:49:48 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Not surprising. Since they're not using dedicated hardware for high quality compression, the stream needs to eat more bandwidth. It's also going to be working over a 2.4ghz band most likely, so even less bandwidth available, and lots of local interference.
I expect it to be pretty hit or miss in crowded downtown apartments and the like.

Both 2.4 and 5 GHz supports the same max data rate. 5GHz has advantages but data rate isn't one. PS4 has dedicated video chip specifically for streaming and Vita too has its own dedicated chip.

Lack of 60fps is down to software and not hardware.
#28DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/14/2013 9:17:38 PM
GameDesignerSage posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Both 2.4 and 5 GHz supports the same max data rate. 5GHz has advantages but data rate isn't one. PS4 has dedicated video chip specifically for streaming and Vita too has its own dedicated chip.

Lack of 60fps is down to software and not hardware.

Last I heard they reserved CPU cores for streaming functionality, and considering PS4 wasn't even announced when Vita came out, it seems kind of unlikely that Vita was built with PS4 remoteplay in mind, especially given the lack of buttons.
Also, 2.4GHz is A: a more widely used frequency, and gets more interfereance, and B: can't reach the same speeds and therefore bandwidth and latency that 5GHz can.
---
#29GuitaristMattPosted 11/15/2013 12:43:13 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
thebatdadd posted...
We've seen video of the remote play from various sources and it looks absolutely flawless. While 60 FPS would have been preferable, I don't see a problem here.

What is the video's we are seeing are at a 30 fps cap?

There is a killzone one I saw. The one with the guy at work.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#30TechniMyokoPosted 11/15/2013 3:29:34 AM
Oximofo posted...
It's running a VPN of the ps4 on a smaller weaker tech

That was gibberish