PlayStation Vita TV sales= PlayStation Vita saved?

#21YomigaeruPosted 11/14/2013 7:21:43 AM
It doesn't help that the VTV is currently only available in Japan, and it is only compatible with a small fraction of Vita's already small library.

For VTV to "save" Vita, it's going to have to release worldwide. Surely Sony releases this, as handhelds are the platform of choice in Japan...and VTV sacrifices that portability to try and draw in new customers with the low price point.

In fact...I'm almost sure it will go worldwide, because of the reasons stated above. No way is Sony hoping that a Japan-only release of VTV will somehow allow the Vita to dethrone the 3DS.
---
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.
Official Deviant of the SSB4WiiU Boards
#22psvitantifail(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 7:43:43 AM
It looks like it will succeed hopefuly....
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#23xanthan1Posted 11/16/2013 7:59:03 AM(edited)
Vita TV, you mean that thing that can't play all the games, defeats one of the few positives the thing had, and is overall a terrible idea?

Yeah it will burn. Not crash and burn, crash implies it ever left the ground. No, it just burst into flames before doing anything.
#24j2zon2591Posted 11/16/2013 8:04:21 AM
psvitantifail posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Nope. Not for global relevance.

For the Wester markets I think it'll just keep the VITA as "relevant" as it is today. W/o VTV, the pulbic interest would keep getting lower and faster.

It's just a temporary fix unless it goes aggressive with Android (feature packed set top box) or some other daring effort with it.
I don't know now ,you were wrong about the PlayStation vita 2000-25k was it?

Oh I'd love to be wrong on this one tho. I have only to gain specially w/ the VITA's poor current situation outside JPN.

Oct. NPD (US) is 30K.

I expect 40K on Nov. (some PS4 RP "hype"/BF) and 60K Dec (holidays).

80K combined on the month VTV's released then back to to 40K monthly, a month or two after.

What's your take on it?
#25SK00DXPosted 11/16/2013 8:05:01 AM
INKU48 posted...
You were never funny.

Finally someone said it!
---
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/257/dat-creepy-presidential-look-16257.jpg
#26MarkthePhoenixPosted 11/16/2013 8:09:12 AM
SK00DX posted...
INKU48 posted...
You were never funny.

Finally someone said it!

I think he's funny. My opinion counts too.
#27CooperRCPosted 11/16/2013 8:45:51 AM
It is all about software sales really and unfortunately many of the Vita TV buyers are just going to be someone that already owns the Vita.
#28DarthLaharlPosted 11/16/2013 9:20:25 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Arkkana posted...
I find it sad that the Vita needs the aid of a TV to increase sales. Such a pity.

people might as well get a PS3, since it had more games and looks way better.

Wow, are you aware of how pathetic your sig makes you look?

You are a very sad individual.
---
My console preference: Sony=Nintendo>MS.
Most fanboys are terrible but Sony's are the worst.