Need help with trying to get a video back that I downloaded.

#1KrisGreenPosted 11/13/2013 6:29:15 PM
Okay so Young Justice ep. 1 & 2 were together last year in Feb and I just now noticed that only aprt 1 I can download. I'm trying to talk to a Sony about this but my transaction history said only PART 1. I remember PART 2 being included also. Can someone help me out wit hthis please ASAP...I wanna know how I can get my Part 2 of Young Justice back.
#2CoordinatesPosted 11/13/2013 7:45:59 PM
Welcome to the digital future.
#3KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:06:23 PM
Coordinates posted...

lol that made me laugh...I have to conatact sony thru a phone. I got proof that there systems are messed up...
#4CoordinatesPosted 11/13/2013 8:16:30 PM
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...

lol that made me laugh...I have to conatact sony thru a phone. I got proof that there systems are messed up...

I figured that'd be the obvious thing to say, but there's probably like a 99.99% chance they won't reimburse you. It's not even worth trying, but if you successfully make them do something about this, reply back.
#5KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:21:44 PM
Coordinates posted...
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...

I figured that'd be the obvious thing to say, but there's probably like a 99.99% chance they won't reimburse you. It's not even worth trying, but if you successfully make them do something about this, reply back.

Okay I will. I got rude with the second person I was talking to her. Sony person was like I can tell you that it cant be modified I wa slike you guys got hacked couple yrs ago so anything is possible, Sony person was like were werent hacked, I will get my video back I plan on it. I got proof about another video that had two videos in one. Sony messed with the wrong person.
#6CoordinatesPosted 11/13/2013 8:30:33 PM
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...

Okay I will. I got rude with the second person I was talking to her. Sony person was like I can tell you that it cant be modified I wa slike you guys got hacked couple yrs ago so anything is possible, Sony person was like were werent hacked, I will get my video back I plan on it. I got proof about another video that had two videos in one. Sony messed with the wrong person.

If Sony continues to mess with their customers, we have the right to call them and complain all day long until they finally respect the consumers. You are doing the right thing, and may everyone else follow your example.
#7KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:34:58 PM
Coordinates posted...
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...
KrisGreen posted...
Coordinates posted...

If Sony continues to mess with their customers, we have the right to call them and complain all day long until they finally respect the consumers. You are doing the right thing, and may everyone else follow your example.

I also said Sony tryna rip me off...I've notice in my transaction history that the Family Guy ep I downloaded couple yrs ago doesnt have Bob/s Burgers eps title in it no more. First I notice in my tv show I watched yesterday that part 2 wasnt in the title description...I wanna know if anyone else is having this trouble. apparantly this has happen before the third SOny person told me about it.
#8PlaysaverPosted 11/14/2013 1:58:45 PM(edited)
When you bought that video last febuary Sony wasn't even allowing you to redownload a video without paying for it again. You should have backed it up to your pc if you didn't want to leave it on your vita. Cause at the point you bought it there was not very much chance of getting to redownload them again. I have all my sd videos backed up from my vita to my pc so that if I wanted to delete them from my vita I could still put them back.
I went from downloading them on my ps3 then sending them to my vita and then backing up to my pc. When my ps3 died in November of 2012 I was able to restore them back to my ps3 (at least the sd versions of my videos.) by restoring them to my vita and then from the vita to my ps3. All of this before Sony started letting us redownload psn videos.

But now that sony has seemingly changed the download policy on psn videos they also changed some (but not most) of the video files so that even if you had backed them up the backups wouldn't play.

Sometimes things were meant to be two parts in the first place. Sadly sony is under no obligation to give you part 2 when they change the file to be just part one of two.
Those rules suck, but that is the way it is. At least their rules changed enough to let you redownload it in the first place. I'm sure if you complain enough they might give it to you or ban you. (one of those)

I was really happy to finaly be able to redownload all my HD videos again. Sadly the way ps3 backs up psn videos to an external hdd doesn't backup the license with them. So when my ps3 died I wasn't able to restore the hd versions without having to pay again. But when sony started letting us redownload I was able to get all of them back without having to pay again. Most of the backups worked fine when I restored them to my new ps3 and then did a trick where I would just start the download of the video and then cancel once it was activated again. Quicker then just redownloading the video.
Some of the HD videos needed to be redownloaded due to the files being changed from 720p to 1080p.
I had part 6 of the sd FLCL anima finaly be able to be downloaded in sd. Sonys psn store had the hd version of it as the sd version when I bought it. Both the sd and hd of that part 6 were Hd at the time I bought it. I was tending to take the bargin of being able to get both sd and hd for the same price as just the hd version. Since I had a vita and ps3 it was great.
One more thing you can do if you back up your standard (SD) videos to your pc is you can play them Using media go. You just have to point media go's library to where the backups for those videos are then sign in with the same psn account and activate media go for playback. I recommend deactivating playback after playing stuff on the pc since media go tends to lose your activation when it updates itself.
#9KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 3:44:35 PM
Playsaver posted...
When you bought that video last febuary Sony wasn't even allowing you to redownload a video without paying for it again. You should have backed it up to your pc if you didn't want to leave it on your vita. Cause at the point you bought it there was not very much chance of getting to redownload them again. I have all my sd videos backed up from my vita to my pc so that if I wanted to delete them from my vita I could still put them back.
I went from downloading them on my ps3 then sending them to my vita and then backing up to my pc. When my ps3 died in November of 2012 I was able to restore them back to my ps3 (at least the sd versions of my videos.) by restoring them to my vita and then from the vita to my ps3. All of this before Sony started letting us redownload psn videos.

But now that sony has seemingly changed the download policy on psn videos they also changed some (but not most) of the video files so that even if you had backed them up the backups wouldn't play.

Sometimes things were meant to be two parts in the first place. Sadly sony is under no obligation to give you part 2 when they change the file to be just part one of two.
Those rules suck, but that is the way it is. At least their rules changed enough to let you redownload it in the first place. I'm sure if you complain enough they might give it to you or ban you. (one of those)

I was really happy to finaly be able to redownload all my HD videos again. Sadly the way ps3 backs up psn videos to an external hdd doesn't backup the license with them. So when my ps3 died I wasn't able to restore the hd versions without having to pay again. But when sony started letting us redownload I was able to get all of them back without having to pay again. Most of the backups worked fine when I restored them to my new ps3 and then did a trick where I would just start the download of the video and then cancel once it was activated again. Quicker then just redownloading the video.
Some of the HD videos needed to be redownloaded due to the files being changed from 720p to 1080p.
I had part 6 of the sd FLCL anima finaly be able to be downloaded in sd. Sonys psn store had the hd version of it as the sd version when I bought it. Both the sd and hd of that part 6 were Hd at the time I bought it. I was tending to take the bargin of being able to get both sd and hd for the same price as just the hd version. Since I had a vita and ps3 it was great.
One more thing you can do if you back up your standard (SD) videos to your pc is you can play them Using media go. You just have to point media go's library to where the backups for those videos are then sign in with the same psn account and activate media go for playback. I recommend deactivating playback after playing stuff on the pc since media go tends to lose your activation when it updates itself.

The thing is they were on my PS3 and my PS3 crapped on me so I sent it in to them so they can fix it. The ylet me download all my videos again, I just now noticed part 2 isnt even there. I have Family Guy/Bobs Burger when it was free looked it up in my transaction history doesnt say anything about Bob's Burger. Sony tryna pull a fast one on us.
#10KrisGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 9:54:21 PM
Called them and nope they didnt do it for me becuase my transaction history says only PART1...I know I downlaoded PART 2, SOny tryna pull a fast one on me