Vita TV ... would I be able to do the following:

#1JustinFFPosted 11/14/2013 10:15:09 AM
Yeah, disappointment has set in that it's only available for Japanese PSN accounts. I'm not familiar with the way DRM and verification happen on the vita, so for those in the know, would I be able to:

- Have a regular Vita system, use that to access PSN on my EU account, download PSP/Vita games and use this for my commute etc, then when I get home:

- Take the memory card out, plug it into the Vita TV and get the games on it to work regardless of the fact that I can't access PSN on the Vita TV?

Also, has anyone actually tried a US/EU cart yet, or are we still limited to reviews from Japan? Have they been able to download patches for the US/EU carts from the JPN PSN?
#2--shade--Posted 11/14/2013 10:28:24 AM
JustinFF posted...
Would I be able to:

- Have a regular Vita system, use that to access PSN on my EU account, download PSP/Vita games and use this for my commute etc, then when I get home:

- Take the memory card out, plug it into the Vita TV and get the games on it to work regardless of the fact that I can't access PSN on the Vita TV?
Quite sure it won't work because of DRMs.

JustinFF posted...
Also, has anyone actually tried a US/EU cart yet, or are we still limited to reviews from Japan? Have they been able to download patches for the US/EU carts from the JPN PSN?
A french website has tried EU cards, and they were able to play to a EU version of a game natively compatible with the PSV TV in its JP version ( http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/psvita-tv-playstation-francais-menu-live-area-importation-japon-langue-prise-secteur-interface-psn-store-zone-zonage-141212-1 )

They other games aren't compatible at all, even in JP version. It would have been interesting to try a US/EU version of game that requires a patch to be compatible in its JP version, but they haven't did that. Doubt it would work though.
#3JustinFF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 10:41:44 AM
Damn,

They better schedule this for a release here - I so want P4 Golden, P3 Portable, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Crisis Core, Ys and Persona 2 on my TV.

The idea of sitting in my house playing a handheld console while I have a 40inch TV displaying a black screen, simply because Sony misread the demand for a TV out function or reverse remote play is just total madness.

That lack of TV out has always been a dealbreaker for me and the Vita, and this could have been the solution. It's also the last thing preventing me from paying the extra for PS+, because I don't want to be paying for a whole bunch of Vita games I can't use.
#4Spiffy247Posted 11/14/2013 10:42:48 AM
JustinFF posted...
Damn,

They better schedule this for a release here - I so want P4 Golden, P3 Portable, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Crisis Core, Ys and Persona 2 on my TV.

The idea of sitting in my house playing a handheld console while I have a 40inch TV displaying a black screen, simply because Sony misread the demand for a TV out function or reverse remote play is just total madness.

That lack of TV out has always been a dealbreaker for me and the Vita, and this could have been the solution. It's also the last thing preventing me from paying the extra for PS+, because I don't want to be paying for a whole bunch of Vita games I can't use.

Crisis Core isn not on the US PS, and I don't know about in Japan.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.