Would you buy a Star Ocean 3 port?

#21ChemicalBurritoPosted 11/15/2013 8:04:19 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Agreed. I would still play this game again even with the story complaints.

The combat system in SO3 is just that fun. I honestly wish that when SO2 and SO got remade, it would have been with the combat system from 3.

(Though not the private action system from 3 ... I thought the original and SO2 did that better...)
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), EOIV (3DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#22ryudin89Posted 11/15/2013 8:20:16 AM
I would buy it on day one. I was addicted to the battle system and crafting system, I loved that game.

Vita4ever posted...
Why is the plot twist so bad? Can someone please explain why?

Can't. The twist is so epic it has to be seen to be believed. I would rank it in my top 5 plot twists due to just how absurd it is.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#23IsiliaPosted 11/15/2013 8:56:50 AM
I really attempted to play SO3 again. I started on the game's hard mode (not 4D... not that insane) and was playing it many hours of the day.

Then I got to the stupid dragon flute puzzle dungeon. I just am terrible at pressure sensitivity puzzles. That and got tired of the stupid AI getting themselves petrified.

In short, no. I'd like them to reuse the battle system, however. Just put it in a better game.
#24cheezedadadaPosted 11/15/2013 9:02:05 AM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Agreed. I would still play this game again even with the story complaints.

The combat system in SO3 is just that fun. I honestly wish that when SO2 and SO got remade, it would have been with the combat system from 3.

(Though not the private action system from 3 ... I thought the original and SO2 did that better...)

Yep, I agree. I am very reliant on a good story in most games, but not in this case thanks to the combat system and overall experience.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#25itis41269Posted 11/15/2013 9:14:31 AM
Yeah id buy it. But like it has already been mentioned the plot was one of those "WTF !!! SERIOUSLY THATS THE PLOT? pfff what ever"

but i loved the game and the whole alchemy part of it
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
PSN:whatitis4u
#26Lelouch71Posted 11/15/2013 11:18:02 AM
I would get it for cheap. The only thing I like about the game is the gameplay and music. The plot twist ruined the story for me.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#27stawg007Posted 11/15/2013 12:04:41 PM
The twist wasn't even the problem, it was how awfully handled and executed that was the problem imo

Having said that, I'd happily buy a port with trophies simply because of the combat and large content it had
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#28zero8691Posted 11/15/2013 12:39:15 PM
Yes, day 1 purchase! :D
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#29CielTynavePosted 11/15/2013 1:12:43 PM
Yes, SO3 is the only one I really enjoyed playing (although I wouldn't mind them redoing the item creation in it...)
#30YomigaeruPosted 11/15/2013 1:47:42 PM
Nope. I liked the combat system, but the first two games were just overall better games.

Well, I liked SO3's story better than SO4. The game was going only fairly well, but then this happened:

"ZENBU! ZENBU! ZENBU! ZENBU! ZENBU!"

I played through a second time to do the postgame stuff, only to get hit with all those freezes. And the recommended workarounds involved not using the two characters I liked the most (or at least, specific skills of theirs).
---
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.
Official Deviant of the SSB4WiiU Boards