Injustice: Gods Among Us Vita is a lazy port

#11Dy_WarriorsXoXoPosted 11/15/2013 12:11:33 PM
Semi45a posted...
how about the graphics? are they lazy too?

Too be fair, Unreal Engine 3 is supposed to be a pain in the ass to downscale. I know that is not an excuse.

I was fine with Mortal Kombat having all of the content and 60fps at worse character models (that look fine in motion).

Maybe it was because I paid $9 for it rather than the full 40.

On youtube they said the graphics were the same in this version. (might be BS though).
#12GradyHooverPosted 11/15/2013 12:22:42 PM
"How dare they not include the comic series that's still ongoing right now that takes place in the same universe?!"

This is like being angry that the Prison Break game didn't come with a full season of the show on the disk. My lord.

CraZywEaR posted...
Most idiotic thing I've heard/read today....and I work at a pharmacy

LOL
---
Metroid, Ys and Mega Man. Best of the best.
#13gamemaster712Posted 11/15/2013 12:35:33 PM
Feel free to try port it yourself and see how that turns out.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#14xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:59:20 PM
krizz07 posted...
How dare them make a port and not add something that isn't there in the original!

Its a downgraded port. Its not even a 1:1 port.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#15mike_411Posted 11/15/2013 4:12:14 PM
xfactor posted...
krizz07 posted...
How dare them make a port and not add something that isn't there in the original!

Too bad they couldn't fit in onto the 3DS. I'm sure it would have reviewed higher.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
http://i.imgur.com/A2MOkcn.jpg
#16j2zon2591Posted 11/15/2013 5:09:21 PM
xfactor posted...
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/14/review-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-ps-vita/62289/

It’s actually rather lazy to call this the “Ultimate Edition” when it doesn’t even include the comic series that actually fills in the backstory.

Cramming all of the previously-available DLC in here and charging full price is the epitome of laziness

Are the missing comic book series included in the home console versions (Ultimate Ed. ofc)?
#17eighthdayregretPosted 11/18/2013 12:27:01 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
xfactor posted...
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/14/review-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-ps-vita/62289/

It’s actually rather lazy to call this the “Ultimate Edition” when it doesn’t even include the comic series that actually fills in the backstory.

Cramming all of the previously-available DLC in here and charging full price is the epitome of laziness

Are the missing comic book series included in the home console versions (Ultimate Ed. ofc)?
No, they aren't.
This game is not a lazy port, unless people expected this game to be totally rebuilt from the ground up especially for the Vita. But if that's the case, well, that's their fault for believing something like that.

I think they did an excellent job on the game. It's a blast to play, the storyline is probably the best of any fighting game I've ever played, and (and this is a HUGE deal) ALL THE FMVS ARE IN THE GAME. A LOT OF FMVS.

Vita never gets FMVs, we're always stuck with static images and text, just like the PSP.

Injustice on the Vita is amazing. People need to stop comparing it to the console versions. Yes, it's a port, but there is absolutely, positively no way you're gonna get the same quality from a handheld as you would from its console counterpart, unless they're a generation or so apart.

You could easily port any PSOne game to the PSP, and you could easily port PSP games to the Vita (look at God Eater 2), but you're not gonna go backwards and not lose something. You can't port a game from PS2 to PSOne and honestly expect it to be the exact same in every way.

People need to start looking at these games on their own merits, rather than comparing them to the original.

Some people (like myself) have never played the console version of Injustice. I was super excited to see it coming out for the Vita, since I don't have a PS3. I pre-ordered it, left work early on release day, and have been playing it almost nonstop since.

I feel sorry for everyone who just wants to complain about such an awesome game.
It sucks to be you.
#18skyrimer3dPosted 11/18/2013 2:16:36 PM
eighthdayregret posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
xfactor posted...

No, they aren't.
This game is not a lazy port, unless people expected this game to be totally rebuilt from the ground up especially for the Vita. But if that's the case, well, that's their fault for believing something like that.

I think they did an excellent job on the game. It's a blast to play, the storyline is probably the best of any fighting game I've ever played, and (and this is a HUGE deal) ALL THE FMVS ARE IN THE GAME. A LOT OF FMVS.

Vita never gets FMVs, we're always stuck with static images and text, just like the PSP.

Injustice on the Vita is amazing. People need to stop comparing it to the console versions. Yes, it's a port, but there is absolutely, positively no way you're gonna get the same quality from a handheld as you would from its console counterpart, unless they're a generation or so apart.

You could easily port any PSOne game to the PSP, and you could easily port PSP games to the Vita (look at God Eater 2), but you're not gonna go backwards and not lose something. You can't port a game from PS2 to PSOne and honestly expect it to be the exact same in every way.

People need to start looking at these games on their own merits, rather than comparing them to the original.

Some people (like myself) have never played the console version of Injustice. I was super excited to see it coming out for the Vita, since I don't have a PS3. I pre-ordered it, left work early on release day, and have been playing it almost nonstop since.

I feel sorry for everyone who just wants to complain about such an awesome game.
It sucks to be you.

best post of the month by far
#19xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 2:33:48 PM
eighthdayregret posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
xfactor posted...

No, they aren't.

It sucks to be you.

Summary; "lower your expectation"
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#20xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 2:35:27 PM
mike_411 posted...
xfactor posted...
krizz07 posted...

Too bad they couldn't fit in onto the 3DS. I'm sure it would have reviewed higher.

Why port when 3rd party can make original titles for the 3ds? There's no need for so man ports on the 3DS.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6