Can we all report the sticky that says the Vita is region free?

#1INKU48Posted 11/16/2013 7:18:17 AM(edited)
Edit: Damnit, meant Vita TV is region free.

"Can I import the Vita TV?
Yes you can. It is region free."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67341678

It kind of bothers me that false information potentially costing users of GameFAQs hundreds of dollars is stickied. It should be unstickied for now.

Nothing against the person who made the thread but he/she was given false information.
---
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G. - GirlsH@teMyFace
#2thefabregas22Posted 11/16/2013 7:21:58 AM
Whoa, it's region free? So I can play persona 4 golden on the tv?

And I can just use my memory card on the vita tv?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3GirlsHateMyFacePosted 11/16/2013 7:26:18 AM
Yes that sticky DOES need to be taken down and redone.

A mod even agrees with me. They overturned the moderation on my thread where I stated the Vita TV would not work in America.

http://i.imgur.com/uGYdool.png
---
Agreed. It will either be on Wii U or Vita - talesfan215
Would the power socket work on American houses? - MarkThePhoenix on Vita TV
#4Laevant(Moderator)Posted 11/16/2013 7:55:15 AM
Do we have definite, indisputable evidence (i.e. word from Sony or users' videos) to prove that it isn't region-free? Post it here and I'll see what I can do about the sticky.
---
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]
#5Sami1000Posted 11/16/2013 8:12:20 AM
Laevant posted...
Do we have definite, indisputable evidence (i.e. word from Sony or users' videos) to prove that it isn't region-free? Post it here and I'll see what I can do about the sticky.

Few people imported it and confirmed that you can't use anything else than Japanese psn account. I'll try to see if i can find youtube video about it or something.
#6Semi45aPosted 11/16/2013 8:14:08 AM
but you have to have a japanese account to play it right now right? riiiight?
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#7INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:39:50 AM
Laevant posted...

Well technically it is region free but only Japanese accounts can sign in. It's also uncertain if all western versions of games on the Japanese compatibility list actually work. I would honestly be terribly upset if I imported one only to later discover that I can't use it from my account. A digital game bought from an American account can't work on the device.

The sticky says "go ahead and import" basically. It's far from that simple.

This article confirms that only Japanese accounts can sign in.
http://kotaku.com/five-important-things-to-know-about-the-vita-tv-1464987381
---
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G -GirlsHteMyFace/Sen no Kiseki
#8Laevant(Moderator)Posted 11/16/2013 8:57:33 AM
I've raised the issue with the other moderators. Stickies aren't my business though, so it's out of my hands now.
---
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]
#9hijokaidenPosted 11/16/2013 9:15:23 AM(edited)
The Playstation 2, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn etc. were region locked, the Vita however is region free.

"OMG I CANT TRANSFER MY US ACCOUNT UNTO A JAPANESE VITA TV, ITS REGION LOCKED!"

Seriously...

You want to talk about region lock this generation? Then instead focus on the Wii U.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#10INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 9:12:05 AM
hijokaiden posted...
The Playstation 2, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn etc. were region locked, the Vita however is region free.

"OMG I CANT TRANSFER MY US ACCOUNT UNTO A JAPANESE VITA TV, ITS REGION LOCKED!"

Seriously...

That's not the issue. It's about me spending $200 importing a Vita TV only to later find out that I can't play my games. It's misleading calling it region free when I can't play my digital US games on it and there is NO way around it.

This will probably change in the future but for now it is region locked, at least for digital games.
---
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G -GirlsHteMyFace/Sen no Kiseki