Why aren't all the Vita games compatible with Vita TV?

#1the_importerPosted 11/16/2013 1:37:56 PM
Touch screen issues aside, isn't the Vita TV essentially the Vita hardware minus the inputs and output of the handheld version, sort of like the Super GameBoy and GameBoy Player?

I don't get why games need to be made compatible.
---
See my game collection: http://theimporter.notlong.com
#2ns_85Posted 11/16/2013 1:47:57 PM(edited)
Touch screen.
#3the_importer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 1:55:09 PM
ns_85 posted...
Touch screen.

I'll assume that you read the topic and not just the title. Are you saying with 100% certitude that all of the games that aren't compatible with Vita TV had touch screen features?
---
See my game collection: http://theimporter.notlong.com
#4ns_85Posted 11/16/2013 1:57:49 PM(edited)
I would guess so. I don't know if there are games that don't have touch screen features which won't work on vita tv.
#5thedicemasterPosted 11/16/2013 2:36:10 PM
they work the other way around.
you assume they first made a list of vita games and then cross off all games that won't work, but they start with a completely empty list and then wait for devs/publishers to tell them "our game can be played without touch"
so to be complete, games are incompatible because they rely on touch, camera, or lazy/cheap/busy devs/publishers/management.
#6ORANGE666Posted 11/16/2013 3:27:46 PM
Sony has to re-liscense ALL the games again. If you recall, PS Vita had the same issue at launch with only a few PSP and PS1 games.

You have to remember that publishers probably aren't happy with people purchasing a game once and being able to use it on many different systems. Which is most likely why Sony was forced to move down from 5 console 5 handhelds to 2 consoles 2 handhelds per PSN account.

Sony will need to discuss fees and such for each game, they'll have to lower their profit margin for every cross gen game, for each new system introduced
#7jmtstanPosted 11/18/2013 6:59:16 PM
you know, people likes to compare OLED vs LCD Vita, now that Vita TV is out, you can either output it on LED or LCD.
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79