Transfer from one Vita to another.

#1Ergot_CholeraPosted 11/18/2013 2:37:45 PM
If I wanted to transfer all my data (EVERYTHING) from my old Vita to a new Vita would I just register the new Vita on my PSN, backup memory card from my old Vita, format it and then swap the memory card to the new Vita and restore it?
Or is it as simple as just registering the new Vita on my PSN account and then swapping the memory card over?
---
Okay, you've had your fun with the sectioning. There will be no more sectioning today!
#2Ergot_Cholera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 1:57:27 AM
Pump!
---
Okay, you've had your fun with the sectioning. There will be no more sectioning today!
#3sEmesextrEmPosted 11/19/2013 2:30:03 AM
If you have PS+ just upload your saves onto the "Cloud" then redownload the games.
Obviously this is on the same account as your old one.
---
This thread should have been a poll. A well-greased pole, for the audience to show their appreciation for the performers!
~coineineagh
#4Ergot_Cholera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 2:34:52 AM
I don't have PS+. Is there no other way to do this?
---
#5hikarux3Posted 11/19/2013 3:09:05 AM
Ergot_Cholera posted...
I don't have PS+. Is there no other way to do this?

backup to your computer using content manager
#6Ergot_Cholera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 1:49:42 PM
Someone must have done this. I tried searching for info, but there is very little on this subject.
---
#7Angemon_23Posted 11/19/2013 2:04:34 PM
Ergot_Cholera posted...
If I wanted to transfer all my data (EVERYTHING) from my old Vita to a new Vita would I just register the new Vita on my PSN, backup memory card from my old Vita, format it and then swap the memory card to the new Vita and restore it?
Or is it as simple as just registering the new Vita on my PSN account and then swapping the memory card over?

Never tried to transfer data between Vitas, but memory cards, game saves and DD games are tied to accounts, so registering the new Vita with your PSN account and using the memory card should work.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#8MrPoppadopolisPosted 11/19/2013 2:17:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9MrPoppadopolisPosted 11/19/2013 2:23:57 PM(edited)
I dont understand. Do you want to use the SAME memory card with the new vita? If so, just sign in your PSN ID on your new vita and put the old memory card in.

If you have a NEW memory card with your NEW vita and you DO NOT have PS+, then youll have to connect your vita to your pc or ps3, whichever one you have, using the content manager, and put ALL your data to the PC/PS3, and then put it all back into your NEW memory card.

These are your only two options.

::EDIT:: Upon re-reading your OP, it is as easy as the first option I listed. Register your PSN to the new vita, and put your memory card in. There is nothing saved to the Vita itself, the informations i s all on the mem card.
---
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r
#10Ergot_Cholera(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 2:35:09 PM
Thank you for your input Angemon_23 and MrPoppadopolis. I just wanted a solid answer as I obviously don't want to risk losing data. I just want to use the same memory card in my new Vita. Does this mean that the card is completely interchangeable between the 2 Vitas at will?
---