PSA: Do not ship your Vita to Sony if it is infested with bugs

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. PSA: Do not ship your Vita to Sony if it is infested with bugs
3 years ago#1
I don't mean the software kind.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/weirdness_sony_wont_replace_your_ps4_if_its_infested_with_insects

Fun story: When I used to work at Gamestop back in the dark ages people would trade in systems (ps2 and XBox) that were infested with roaches. Sometimes we wouldn't know until days later!

I even sold one to a customer! He was some dirty dude who was probably on drugs and didn't care since it was the last used ps2 we had in the store. Ah, good times.
I've accepted Shahid as lord of indies and savior of the Vita. If you accept and believe this 100%, put this in your sig.
3 years ago#2
*roach crawls across face and into mouth*

To clarify, it was not a man but thank you for the ps3, I still have it.

*munch munch*
3 years ago#3
I once opened the back of an original PS2 and found a years-dead gathering of spiders. That wasn't pleasant.
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]
3 years ago#4
I worked in the VAIO repair center in san diego. Can confirm, we open the case thinking it's a normal unit, see roaches, go: WTF!?!, close the case, seal it in biohazard labels, sanitize our hands and stations, and ship it back.

It's not weirdness to not repair the unit, it's a health issue for the workers.

At first I wondered how the hell they could get in there, but then I realized, they travel through really small cracks in households so getting into a piece of electronic shouldn't be an issue.
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
3 years ago#5
Those instructions are only for the PS4. It's fine sending a Vita full of insects to them.
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G -GirlsHteMyFace/Sen no Kiseki
3 years ago#6
Someone call the EDF!
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
3 years ago#7
My Dad used to fix VCRs back in the day. He used to have issues with roaches and we had to have the house sprayed once a month for the nasty little bastards.
All that once was will be.
3 years ago#8
INKU48 posted...
Those instructions are only for the PS4. It's fine sending a Vita full of insects to them.

This is correct. Topic fail.
I've accepted Shahid as lord of indies and savior of the Vita. If you accept and believe this 100%, put this in your sig.
3 years ago#9
BigReed posted...
Someone call the EDF!

lol
3 years ago#10
That is really creepy and gross.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. PSA: Do not ship your Vita to Sony if it is infested with bugs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived