Should Sony have favored Vita instead of making PS4?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/21/2013 7:20:33 PM
Similar to how Nintendo generally favors the 3DS. Let's face it, home consoles have been tarnished by the Xbox's existence.
#2BuretsuPosted 11/21/2013 7:21:27 PM
Is that even a question? No way, not a chance.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#3UndergroundGemzPosted 11/21/2013 7:22:10 PM
PS4 will be fine and xbox and ps3 were neck and neck but ps3 has a bit more sales but sony should equally focus on both.
#4Kazuhira07Posted 11/21/2013 7:22:18 PM
No. Handelds are not as popular worldwide as they are in Japan.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Trophy hunting)
#5darkdragongirlPosted 11/21/2013 7:33:03 PM
No.

Consoles have always been more important to Sony and Nintendo.

The only reason the 3DS is important is because the WiiU has been an almost complete failure floating on little 3DS lifeboats.

Now Nintendo is finally releasing big games for the WiiU since Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 followed by this winter's games and hopefully Smash Bros, and X by mid-late 2014.

With the remote play feature being advertised more Vita will be in people's homes, and by association hopefully they will want to buy software to enjoy the Vita when remote play is not optional.
---
Do NOT quote or respond UgliestManAlive. It is a waste of your time, and not even reasonable.
#6UgliestManAlivePosted 11/21/2013 7:34:55 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
No.

Consoles have always been more important to Sony and Nintendo.

The only reason the 3DS is important is because the WiiU has been an almost complete failure floating on little 3DS lifeboats.

Now Nintendo is finally releasing big games for the WiiU since Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 followed by this winter's games and hopefully Smash Bros, and X by mid-late 2014.

With the remote play feature being advertised more Vita will be in people's homes, and by association hopefully they will want to buy software to enjoy the Vita when remote play is not optional.

Lmao do you have any idea what you're talking about? No.
---
I am a Celebrity and Legend of the Vita board
#7j2zon2591Posted 11/21/2013 7:35:45 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Similar to how Nintendo generally favors the 3DS. Let's face it, home consoles have been tarnished by the Xbox's existence.

Nope. Sony's gonna have a harder time facing mobiles and the 3DS than X1.
#8stargazer64Posted 11/21/2013 7:36:29 PM
How do you figure Nintendo favors the 3DS? Wii U's first party lineup is no slouch.
---
I've accepted Shahid as lord of indies and savior of the Vita. If you accept and believe this 100%, put this in your sig.
#9darkdragongirlPosted 11/21/2013 7:39:02 PM
stargazer64 posted...
How do you figure Nintendo favors the 3DS? Wii U's first party lineup is no slouch.

ZombiU was definitely AAA GOTY material. My bad.
---
Do NOT quote or respond UgliestManAlive. It is a waste of your time, and not even reasonable.
#10stargazer64Posted 11/21/2013 7:42:32 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
stargazer64 posted...

ZombiU was definitely AAA GOTY material. My bad.

That was Ubi soft. And also pretty good from what I hear.
---
I've accepted Shahid as lord of indies and savior of the Vita. If you accept and believe this 100%, put this in your sig.