well it finally happened! Sony is bundling Vita for PS4

#21wallball5Posted 11/22/2013 10:21:22 PM
NeoZephyr posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Isn't this going to cost a **** ton of money? That or Sony is planning to take a HUGE loss on this one. Sounds like they won't be around much longer if they take these kind of risks.

Yep. Video games are loss leaders, same as razors and inkjet printers. Ever wonder why a 5-pack of razor cartridges costs more than the razor itself? It's because Gillette takes a hit on the razor, but assumes you'll buy enough cartridges throughout the razor's life to get their money back tenfold. Same with video games. Traditionally, companies lose money on each console sold, but make it all back (and more) when people buy games. My apologies if you already knew this, and are just pointing out that the loss will be even larger given the inevitable discount, but I'm hoping the gamble pays off, and getting more Vitas into consumer hands means more games.

^This is the only good scientific explanation possible.
---
The next best game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQw_ojXBS9w
PSN and MGO: John_Relle
#22VioletZer0Posted 11/23/2013 6:49:44 AM
habbox77 posted...
Got a Vita already, would have no use for a second.

Also this is Europe only right now...

What it means for peopleime us is possibly moving more Vita units and thus getting more games.
#23DevilStriderPosted 11/23/2013 6:55:14 AM
Glad I waited and didn't buy a PS4 yet. I'll take a second vita.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#24CooperRCPosted 11/23/2013 8:57:14 AM(edited)
bellzemo posted...
UgliestManAlive posted...
bellzemo posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Isn't this going to cost a **** ton of money? That or Sony is planning to take a HUGE loss on this one. Sounds like they won't be around much longer if they take these kind of risks.

They would still make more money then the PS3 did at launch.

No...

Acctually yes, do some research, and stop being so negative you silly little man.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/the-ps4-costs-381-to-build-only-18-under-retail-price

Apparently someone thinks that Sony actually gets all $400 of the sales price. The reality is that distributor and retailers pay less than the retail price for units so they can make a profit and Sony takes a loss.