Ummm, why are people upset over the Persona announcements?

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 11/24/2013 8:32:50 AM
People had grandiose expectations and I think Atlus did a great job with these announcements. There's something for everyone! :-)

The most important being Persona 5. At long last, we finally have an official announcement for it.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night looks really nifty. I'm not good at rhythm games, but this is one I'll definitely try.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is a dream come true for me. Persona 3 and 4 crossover dungeon crawler!? Just take my money! Love the art style as well.

I'm kinda baffled why people are so upset over this. We have two entirely new Persona spin-offs that have the potential to become a series. Just imagine an SMT x Persona crossover! We also have Persona 5 where an enhanced version is very possible to come to the Vita after a few years. I'm really not seeing a downside unless you don't have all the systems or you consider Persona on the 3DS a betrayal.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2yukitoPosted 11/24/2013 8:34:48 AM
Mostly because people want to play console/handheld warrior. Or they just wanted an all P5 event and don't really care about the other stuff that was announced. I don't care about the dancing game or P4A2, but PQ at least looks interesting.
---
To be fun fun fun, mirror world - Baby burn burn burn, stand by my side.
-Yusketeers
#3HungoverHero777Posted 11/24/2013 8:35:11 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I'm really not seeing a downside unless you don't have all the systems or you consider Persona on the 3DS a betrayal.

This is the Vita board, Vishana. Of course people think it's a "betrayal", lol.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#4SagadegoPosted 11/24/2013 8:36:13 AM
hey more persona is great. looking for to persona Q and persona 5
---
Now Playing:
Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask/Sonic Lost World/(3ds) Soul Sacrifice (ps vita) Ni No Kuni(Ps3)
#5kukingina2Posted 11/24/2013 8:37:05 AM(edited)
3ds aint canon so its not super good
vita is canon so its super good
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#6gamemaster712Posted 11/24/2013 8:37:08 AM
Persona on 3DS, enough to cause extra chaos.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 IGN: Sean
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#7akshat_316Posted 11/24/2013 8:40:14 AM
I am not a huge persona fan but I really like the music of the games and I think that they are well suited for a rythm game.
---
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
#8OhGoodGriefPosted 11/24/2013 8:40:23 AM
Because they don't like rhythm games and they don't like chibi so somehow it consequently makes them bad games.

The persona rythm game is going to be like the hatsune miku game. I don't see what's wrong with that as it was a good rhythm game. It's niche because of the music but Japan loves their idol dance rhythm things.

As for the RPG there isn't much info but It doesn't look bad. The art style of characters is litteraly the only knock you could have against it at this point.
#9ryudin89Posted 11/24/2013 8:40:51 AM
Honestly Vish it just wouldn't be gamefaqs if people were not upset about something. But these announcements just caused so much salt, it's amazing.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#10Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:43:52 AM
gamemaster712 posted...
Persona on 3DS, enough to cause extra chaos.

I've been reading through the topics here. Some of the reactions were pretty funny. Servant's photoshopped accusation and Bars having a meltdown made me smile.

yukito posted...
Mostly because people want to play console/handheld warrior. Or they just wanted an all P5 event and don't really care about the other stuff that was announced. I don't care about the dancing game or P4A2, but PQ at least looks interesting.

I had a feeling that it would be multiple announcements. An event so highly anticipated with huge expectations wouldn't be a single game even if that game was Persona 5.

I'm so excited for Q that I cannot contain my excitement. I wish it was coming to the Vita as well though.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds