Would You Still Buy a Next Gen VITA?

#1j2zon2591Posted 11/27/2013 9:58:45 PM
Would You Still Buy a Next Gen VITA? - Results (137 votes)
Yes. It'll provide enough exclusive experiences for me even if it's not going to be a mainstream device.
31.39% (43 votes)
Yes, It will be "true portable console" (multi-platform/good ports/no gimped controls/decent graphics)
13.14% (18 votes)
Yes. Remote Play is "A" future (PS 5/PS 6)
2.92% (4 votes)
YES! More than one of the above "Yes."s
16.79% (23 votes)
No. I'm burnt with how Sony handled this gen's VITA.
12.41% (17 votes)
No. I never liked Sony handhelds
1.46% (2 votes)
No. I want the most/more popular/mainstream dedicated handheld games.
0% (0 votes)
No. Next Gen VITA will do so much worse than current gen
3.65% (5 votes)
NO! More than one of the above "No."s
10.95% (15 votes)
OTHER: Please state
7.3% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Would You Still Buy a Next Gen VITA?
#2este914Posted 11/28/2013 4:19:52 AM
Yes. But only if I knew good games were coming out for it.
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#3PJB-11Posted 11/28/2013 4:38:13 AM
Yeah definitely. I would probably have lower expectations now, but I'm confident there'll still be some good exclusives.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon Age II
(Vita) Killzone: Mercenary
#4j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 4:49:58 AM
este914 posted...
Yes. But only if I knew good games were coming out for it.

What would you consider a good game for a next gen PSV? Something a bit realistic (no $ 50 million budget exclusive GTA game lol).

PJB-11 posted...
Yeah definitely. I would probably have lower expectations now, but I'm confident there'll still be some good exclusives.

Games like GR, Killzone, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed would probably look lovely on the next gen VITA.

Probably going to be much more powerful than the PS3 w/ how mobile tech is going (and maybe mobile 3D software techniques getting much better due to the trend).

I'd probably enjoy the most of the AC and UC experience at the reach of a handheld.. Just hope the load times aren't crappy.

It's gonna be real sad if VITA gen 2.0 exclusives are much harder and expensive to do. Heard Nintendo was surprised with the "HD cost" when making games (there's a 2013 article about it).

LOL maybe next gen handhelds will cost $ 50.00 north.. granted we might be getting "full fledge" ports/mult-plats on the VITA next round.
#5Pharsti01Posted 11/28/2013 4:53:46 AM
What... you mean.... an upgrade to the current Vita?

Hell no, way too soon for anything of the sort.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#6este914Posted 11/28/2013 5:13:12 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
What would you consider a good game for a next gen PSV? Something a bit realistic (no $ 50 million budget exclusive GTA game lol).

Hmm... I would like a new Resident Evil game made with the Vita in mind. A spinoff would be fine even, as long as its done decently. And no reason they cant make an Outbreak File #3 now, with PSN being so much more popular then it was in the PS2 days. (I was not fortunate enough to be able to play Outbreak online back then :()
But even something simpler like a Crash Bandicoot platformer (please make it like Crash 1-3) or another MediEvil game (MediEvil 1 is one of my favorite games and the PSP MediEvil game was not bad)
Or taking it a little further and going 'out there' I'd like a game like N2O (tunnel shooter) or ONE (fast paced run-n-gun game) from the PS1. Something like those would be awesome to have.
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#7BlestsolPosted 11/28/2013 5:59:47 AM
I love my Vita but I'll never buy another Sony portable system. Sonys handling the system terribly and I can't trust them with my pockets again. This feels like PsP GO territory sometimes.
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#8j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 11:19:25 AM
este914 posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

Hmm... I would like a new Resident Evil game made with the Vita in mind. A spinoff would be fine even, as long as its done decently. And no reason they cant make an Outbreak File #3 now, with PSN being so much more popular then it was in the PS2 days. (I was not fortunate enough to be able to play Outbreak online back then :()
But even something simpler like a Crash Bandicoot platformer (please make it like Crash 1-3) or another MediEvil game (MediEvil 1 is one of my favorite games and the PSP MediEvil game was not bad)
Or taking it a little further and going 'out there' I'd like a game like N2O (tunnel shooter) or ONE (fast paced run-n-gun game) from the PS1. Something like those would be awesome to have.

I'd love an RE for a next gen VITA. I think that's a bit unrealistic though with RE botched on the PSP and RE:R never grazing current PSV (and questionable Capcom support). Maybe things would change.

Another PS platformer sounds more realistic.

Blestsol posted...
I love my Vita but I'll never buy another Sony portable system. Sonys handling the system terribly and I can't trust them with my pockets again. This feels like PsP GO territory sometimes.

Fair enough.

Pharsti01 posted...
What... you mean.... an upgrade to the current Vita?

Hell no, way too soon for anything of the sort.

Nope. A true next generation system Sony portable console for 2017-2018.. maybe
#9Makeveli_livesPosted 11/28/2013 12:01:18 PM
Yeah. But like the PSP and Vita, I'll wait until the price drop/bundles come out. Both Nintendo and Sony screwed up their handheld launch windows imo. Nintendo came back in a big way obviously, and Sony's stepping up a bit at least.

But never again at launch.
---
3DS FC: 0447-6264-9862
#10Klon_RedfieldPosted 11/28/2013 12:12:18 PM
Yeah, I guess... I've liked both the PSP and Vita a lot, plus PS+ would make it irresistible I bet.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey III (DS), Alan Wake (PC), TLoZ: ALBW (3DS)