help Vita Touch Screen dosint work>_<

#1gtomangaPosted 11/27/2013 11:33:17 PM(edited)
i got the vita the first day it came out
i havent touched it since
now that YS4 remake came out i let the vita out of the box and now its charging so i can turn it on
but i cant seem to get passed the 1st screen(time and date screen) because the touch screen dosint seem to work
is there a way to fix it?
---
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
#2ZezrsPosted 11/27/2013 11:52:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3gtomanga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 12:04:35 AM(edited)
Zezrs posted...
TC, you should be grateful it isn't working.

why? is it because of Ys4? from what i know Ys4 remake looks good and it looks like ys7 with small upgrades
....is the VA bad?

i dont really have games on it
there is P4G which i wont be getting since i already played that on the ps2 in 2008
and i got turned off after watching the opening via youtube and now they'r making a dance game for it.....
---
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
#4bassyuraPosted 11/28/2013 12:09:56 AM
How did you break the touch screen? Is it water damaged?
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#5gtomanga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 12:19:23 AM(edited)
bassyura posted...

i got the jp ver in 2011
i got it out of the box today nov2013 i left it to charge from my laptop to vita USB
i turned it on and coldent get passed the first screen >_<
---
#6j2zon2591Posted 11/28/2013 1:27:16 AM
gtomanga posted...
bassyura posted...

i got the jp ver in 2011
i got it out of the box today nov2013 i left it to charge from my laptop to vita USB
i turned it on and coldent get passed the first screen >_<

Yeah Sony should've implemented button/combination of buttons to peel the screen to access the system.
#7gtomanga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 5:00:10 AM
is there any way to fix this? i just got YS4 and i dont want to buy another handheld just to play one game >_<
---
#8A_Nonny_MoosePosted 11/28/2013 5:24:07 AM
Do not charge it through your laptop. Plug it straight into the wall.

The touch screen on my own touch screen doesn't work properly when it's plugged into my laptop.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#9INKU48Posted 11/28/2013 5:45:13 AM
Try turning it off completely as in holding down the power button, not just pressing it. and then turn it back on.

You could also try this:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735

Since you haven't used it before and have no data it won't hurt trying any of the options.