Remote play with the PS4.

#1chaotix247Posted 11/29/2013 7:39:33 PM
Why is this not working with my Vita? It works when my PS4 is on but when it's on standby it does not work. Can't connect no matter where in the world I am (friend's house, 1 mile away, in my house, 2 inches away). It's checked to turn on from the network under power save settings so what am I doing wrong?
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - NHL13, Last of Us, Persona 4 Golden, Ico/SotC
#2NnamzPosted 11/29/2013 8:21:35 PM
So the problem is you cannot wake your PS4 up from standby mode?

Are you connecting over the internet or with a direct connection? Try disabling "connect via internet" (or something similar) in the remote play settings on PS4.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS
#3SevynePosted 11/29/2013 9:50:08 PM(edited)
Do you have your PS4 set to automatically sign you in? If not, then that's what the problem probably is. I know some folks turned the auto login on and it fixed the problem. Also you need to link the Vita and PS4 in your PS4 settings initially if you haven't done that yet. That will be a one time thing.
#4Semi45aPosted 11/30/2013 1:22:05 AM
Call sony. us vita owners have no interest in the PS4 until JRPGS come out for it.
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#5MattJ1991Posted 11/30/2013 2:06:24 AM
Semi45a posted...
Call sony. us vita owners have no interest in the PS4 until JRPGS come out for it.

Speak for yourself.
#6chaotix247(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 7:40:29 PM
"Are you connecting over the internet or with a direct connection? Try disabling "connect via internet" (or something similar) in the remote play settings on PS4."

I cannot determine that. It's very vague when I connect. I think it's connecting through my wi-fi, not wi-fi direct. I can't turn it on when I leave my house. And when I made that post, I couldn't power it on from my own house!
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - NHL13, Last of Us, Persona 4 Golden, Ico/SotC
#7aholicPosted 12/6/2013 1:45:53 AM(edited)
I have the same problem.

When the PS4 is on i can connect with my VITA, no problem, but while in standby, i cant wake it up. Doesnt matter if i try over wifi or a direct connection. Its so annoying.

The strange thing is when i try the same thing over an internet connection, the PS4 turns on but then gets stuck on a screen which prompts me to press the PS button on my PS4 controller and the VITA is not able to connect. Whats going on?

When i use th PS app on my iPhone it turns my PS4 on and connects flawlessly.

Any help would be much appreciated.
#8AshlerPosted 12/11/2013 3:10:31 PM
I've been having the same issue, My PS4 does not boot from standby mode when connecting through remote play.

I've found a small workaround though, which is to connect the first time via "Second Screen" option. This normally gives me an error 2 or 3 times stating that I need Wireless enabled, but ends up turning my console on. After its on, i just go back on the vita and re-connect using remote play.

Its not ideal, but allows me to boot up the console remotely and then connect to it. Give it a try :)

Hope this gets fixed soon!