Do you have to use the touch pad every single time you want to save?

#21kah(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 3:11:26 PM
I already said I figured it out. Yes, it's the translucent screen that pops up everytime you save a game to Vita memory. If you don't have a specific option selection under system settings, it won't let you use the buttons to save. You have to physically touch the buttons to save.

It drove my bonkers but I figured it out. Maybe this is an option that is on by default that I accidentally turned off since not many people seemed to know what I was talking about.

And yes, was talking about the front screen.
#22CompassPosted 11/30/2013 4:07:58 PM
kah posted...
I already said I figured it out. Yes, it's the translucent screen that pops up everytime you save a game to Vita memory. If you don't have a specific option selection under system settings, it won't let you use the buttons to save. You have to physically touch the buttons to save.

It drove my bonkers but I figured it out. Maybe this is an option that is on by default that I accidentally turned off since not many people seemed to know what I was talking about.

And yes, was talking about the front screen.

Yeah, it's an option that needs to be enabled. It actually wasn't even there at launch; Sony added it in a firmware update several months in. So for a while, yes, you had to smear your screen constantly for some of the most ridiculous stuff, including saving your game even in titles that required no touch screen interaction otherwise.

And of course, if you brought this up, the ponies came galloping to this "feature"'s defense as if their own mothers dreamed it up.
---
"It's like if Ford invented a new car and a new energy source for it." -Lefty128k defending Sony's scammy proprietary Vita memory cards, 100% serious
#23gamer4leverPosted 11/30/2013 4:23:15 PM
mjnoir1 posted...
Vita4ever posted...
mjnoir1 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Valhalla knights 3 makes you use the touch screen to save, but I dunno of any tbat make you use the pad either.

Wow.

Is there some innuendo there that I missed?

No. Ur missing the fact that ppl are pretending they dont know what this guy means just to be jerks. Typical gamefaqs.

No need to disrespect us too, I didn't get it too, thought he was talking about the rear touch pad, 'cuz you know, I call the screen a god damn screen! No need to be so harsh.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS, WiiU, PC FTW!
PSN: fullmy4gbnow ; 3DS FC:2750-2386-3070 Friend Safari (Grass): Petilil, Sunkern, Quilladin
#24CBratePosted 11/30/2013 4:40:05 PM
Most games still don't use the touchscreen to save anyway. They're either autosaves like LittleBigPlanet or save through dpad menus.

What game exclusively uses the touchscreen to save?