Can someone who has played Toukiden explain the battle system to me please?

#1darkdragongirlPosted 12/2/2013 2:42:12 AM
Thank you.

To clarify I mean, is it spell/gear based like Soul Sacrifice with score so you can get materials for crafting easier or is it a pain like Ragnarok Odyssey with cards, and your skill doesn't matter because there are items with a -10% drop rate?

Or something else...as long as it is better than Ragnarok Odyssey. I don't mind grinding for a bit for craft items, but that is ridiculous.
---
You are ignoring 11 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.---Just a typical thread on the Vita-board.
#2FocianPosted 12/2/2013 4:46:26 AM
*tag for curiosity*
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#3Lord_kasdeyaPosted 12/2/2013 6:47:19 AM
the crafting system and stuff look similar to how monster hunter is. from what i seen there are nothing like cards from RO and there is no rating thing like in SS.
---
Wii FC: 7714 7377 4469 9097 PSN&360 GT: Svarta Varg
MHT: Izual, BTBHJT, US Server
#4halfelven23Posted 12/2/2013 7:09:29 AM
there is this mitama system but i dont know what that is
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#5darkdragongirl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:25:28 AM
bump
---
You are ignoring 11 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.---Just a typical thread on the Vita-board.
#6UgliestManAlivePosted 12/2/2013 11:26:48 AM
I would explain it but I'm on your ignore list LMAO.
---
I am a Celebrity and Legend of the Vita board
***67 moderated messages at once crew***
#7CaptainLukaPosted 12/2/2013 11:30:04 AM
halfelven23 posted...

This is the only aspect I know about that I can comment on. Basically, you equip Mitamas to you. As you grow and get stronger, so do they. Each Mitama gives specific skills/abilities in a certain sequence. That's as much as I know.

And that's probably not explained as well as it could be.
---
PSN/Steam - Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing - Gundam Breaker, Soul Sacrifice, Tales of Xillia
#8TinyTim123Posted 12/2/2013 11:37:36 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
halfelven23 posted...

This is the only aspect I know about that I can comment on. Basically, you equip Mitamas to you. As you grow and get stronger, so do they. Each Mitama gives specific skills/abilities in a certain sequence. That's as much as I know.

It sounds like Mitama are like the Mags in Phantasy Star Online in that respect. Interesting.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9halfelven23Posted 12/2/2013 11:40:26 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
halfelven23 posted...

how do you obtain mitamas? are each mitama has different status? where do we equip the mitamas? how many mitamas can be used per character/quest?

and lastly.....the crafting is basically similar to MH right? kill/break oni parts, get material, use said material for equipment?
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#10OhGoodGriefPosted 12/2/2013 11:50:12 AM(edited)
Special abilities can be obtained through the usage of souls, or mitama, which can be collected during the progress of the game. These mitama can level up by gaining experience from battles, or by paying a certain sum of haku. Different mitama have abilities with various characteristics, and can be categorised into various groups such as offensive, defensive, or recovery mitama.

Upon slaying a monster, the players or NPCs can "purify" the monster, which collects items useful in upgrading weapons and armor. Monsters fall into the categories of small and large oni, with large oni being the boss-type enemies within the game.

Combat is lightly explained here

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Toukiden:_The_Age_of_Demons