How The Vita Would Be different If...

#1trent44Posted 12/7/2013 5:46:04 PM
It followed the PS4's foot steps and was just a straight up slug upgrade of the PSP?

Named PSP2

Optional UMD accessory

No Front Touch

No Back Touch

No 3G

Mini HDMI Out port

Standard SDXC memory card port

1000 model made with a Mirco USB port

1000 model made with a 544p LCD screen

December 2011 Global Launch

$199 Launch Price

How would things be different? Would there be more games? Would some games be better if the hardware didn't have touch inputs? Would more people play it?
#2stargazer64Posted 12/7/2013 5:48:40 PM
Interesting topic. Depending on the software support this might have worked out better.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand." Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#3Starwars4JPosted 12/7/2013 5:49:58 PM
Um, it looks like it IS following the PS4's footsteps. No backwards compatibility (so there would be no UMD accessory), there are gimmicks a la the DS4's touch pad
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4zavlinzPosted 12/7/2013 5:54:48 PM(edited)
not exactly sure what youre getting at TC. How would the vita fair with a different name and less features than it has now? Probably not better than it is now.
If anything it might be the name. And the exact same vita we have named instead "psp2" *might* have sold better.
#5AP3BrainPosted 12/8/2013 8:19:03 AM
Nobody besides "gamers" know what the heck a Vita is. It is mainly in the name and advertising. They failed big time in that.

Also I wouldn't want front and back touch to go...and it isn't very expensive to have those. 3G seems like a dumb idea though..
#6trent44(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 9:55:04 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Nobody besides "gamers" know what the heck a Vita is. It is mainly in the name and advertising. They failed big time in that...

It is a shame Sony has not advertised the Vita much at all; you would think they would, with how well the PSP did, advertise and seek to get those PSP consumers to upgrade to Vita and then expand from there.

Also, they should have launched at $199 to build better market share.