Who wants to test my Deus Ex Human Revolution inspired LBPV level? 3 parts ready

#11IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 9:30:57 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and keep this updated with my progress even though no one probably cares lol. I'm working hard on it and I like doing logs.

Anyway. I'm working on part 4 right now.

http://i2.api.vita.lbp.me/img/ft/0c233b6d8b470701e8a79fb435b0c67905cf3b96.jpg

About 3/5ths of it is completed. It will be a little short compared to the last 2 parts since it serves for basically a tutorial of a couple new mechanics i'm introducing such as laser powered panels that activate switches, crates that reflect lasers in a different direction, etc.... Also, the section I used at the beginning is a little too big for it's own good, so I probably couldn't make this as long as pars 2 & 3 without a bunch of slowdown anyway.

If anyone is wondering how many parts there will be (no one cares lol), i'm planning on 8. I'm hoping it will be comparable to a DLC level pack or something by the time I publish it =p
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#12BossBangPosted 12/18/2013 9:54:00 PM
I care! Let me know when its ready and ill play it.
---
Its totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry.
#13Hydra_Gundam_Posted 12/19/2013 12:32:31 AM
Great level designs and nice platformer pace.

However, theres a ton of lasers, I wouldve liked different obstacles and threats aside from the usual red lasers. Some are a bit hard to see since the levels are red orange. Not enough color contrast in some rooms.

Its also nice when camera angles focus in on objectives or hints for a few cinematics.

There was a glitch in level 2 I think where theres bounce pads in the middle of the room that are covered by zigzag lasers. A friend used the bounce pad and bounced to the roof then ran off the level. But we couldnt recreate the glitch.

These very minor nitpicks aside, the levels were great. Better than anything Ive made, and the features were awesome. Like touch sensitivity, air vents, varying laser obstacles. Keep it up dude.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#14IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:09:51 AM
BossBang posted...
I care! Let me know when its ready and ill play it.

Oh wow I honestly didn't expect a comment like this. It gives me a little more motivation actually.

Hydra_Gundam_ posted...
Great level designs and nice platformer pace.

However, theres a ton of lasers, I wouldve liked different obstacles and threats aside from the usual red lasers. Some are a bit hard to see since the levels are red orange. Not enough color contrast in some rooms.

Its also nice when camera angles focus in on objectives or hints for a few cinematics.

There was a glitch in level 2 I think where theres bounce pads in the middle of the room that are covered by zigzag lasers. A friend used the bounce pad and bounced to the roof then ran off the level. But we couldnt recreate the glitch.

These very minor nitpicks aside, the levels were great. Better than anything Ive made, and the features were awesome. Like touch sensitivity, air vents, varying laser obstacles. Keep it up dude.

I try to find that glitch you mentioned. I know what room you're talking about.

I think I know what rooms you're referring to where the lasers kinda blend in. Even though it doesn't really cause me problems, I was still planning on doing something about that...

And also. yeah there are tons of lasers. I'm trying to give the feeling that you're a hacker infiltrating stuff. There are soooo many things you can do with them lol. I have a bit more stuff that i'm adding like plasma balls (turrets) and other things that I don't really know how to explain... So i'm hoping I wont be too laser reliant in the future.

You were playing with two people?? How did it run? I can't imagine it wouldn't be slow. Plus, I don't think I set up any of the cameras to work with multiple people. All of them are set so you need every player to be in range of the camera for it to work, which is the default setting. I didn't build it with multiplayer in mind so it must have been pretty wonky at some points.
---
#15Hydra_Gundam_Posted 12/19/2013 12:55:01 PM
It ran pretty well in multiplayer. The only lag was through our internet connection but very minor since our connections are decent.

A problem I always had making my levels, the people playing a very... well.. noobs. So the levels are always easy to the creator, but remember to play it with the "first playthrough" set of mind. Making it easy I guess 8/

You have plenty of hints and infinite checkpoints so you know the drill.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#16IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 2:26:14 PM
I accommodated for noobs in LBP 1 &2. I'm done with that now lol.
---
#17IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 7:03:15 PM
Oh and not to say I don't give hints and adjust things of course. I'm just not going to go leaps and bounds to make it better for noobs like I used to.

Update #1 (yes i'm starting the numbering here)

All I have to do is make a good looking and functioning turret and make this puzzle then i'm done with this part. It may take me like a day or 2 to do though. This laser refracting stuff is extremely complicated to do....
---
#18IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:22:45 AM
Update #2

I just worked like 3 hours on this puzzle. Working with the lasers (which is actually just hologram material separated into many parts parts to help give off the illusion that it's a realistic laser that can be blocked with things) is super time consuming. I have a lot more Ideas for puzzles that involve reflecting the lasers and whatnot, but man that'll be hard to do. Hopefully I get better with them real soon so it wont take me so long to do stuff that involve them =|.

Here's a pic of the section I was working on.

http://ib.api.vita.lbp.me/img/ft/06b7ba4d4670f231a134bfeeef5eec6e8760b6ef.jpg

(There is a lot more to that than what meets the eye)
---
#19IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 12:34:43 PM
Part 4 is done and ready to be tested!
---
#20IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 5:33:12 PM
Added a Ratchet and Clank reference!

http://i6.api.vita.lbp.me/img/ft/b161315b32ea269191ebe05b4d949cf1de9f3e8c.jpg

Lololol

(yes I've ditched numbering my updates)
---