Gamespot finally reviews Ys

#41Supaboy2Posted 12/13/2013 8:15:27 AM
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Vita4ever posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
To Vita4Ever:

They're two completely different art styles... >_>

Then why can't Ys be a different art style? It's ether the best looking game on the system or the graphics suck.

Post of the day right here. Case closed. Just leave it there Vita4ever, there is clearly some strong Nintendo bias here and you know they can never do no wrong.

Yeah, it makes me not even want to play Zelda anymore. I used to find it pretty dumb when people say the fanbase can ruin a character for them. Well, they just ruined an entire game for me. It makes a lot more sense now.
#42Lord_VishanaPosted 12/13/2013 8:39:11 AM
It's kinda sad if you allow random anonymous people on the Internet coerce you in not wanting a game. Both Ys: Memories of Celceta and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic games.

I really don't know what people are expecting with A Link Between Worlds though. It's an isometric Zelda game that looks drastically better than ALTTP, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracle games.

Not sure why people are trying disparage either. It's obvious that it was originally a PSP game. This doesn't make it hideous at all. I'm sure the inevitable next Ys game will have an entirely new graphics engine.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#43LevittaPosted 12/13/2013 8:57:42 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Not sure why people are trying disparage either. It's obvious that it was originally a PSP game. This doesn't make it hideous at all. I'm sure the inevitable next Ys game will have an entirely new graphics engine.

I'm not sure that's true. The geometry and amount of detail in the environments seems too detailed to have been a PSP game, also the draw distance as well.

I find it more likely that Falcom just hasn't adapted to the new engine and hardware they only recently started working with. The biggest problem seems to be the game is running at sub-native res, which means Falcom couldn't get the game to look as nice as they wanted too while running at a decent frame rate at native res. That implies they just can't get the most out of the hardware at the moment.

I believe they're currently using the Phyre engine, which is free as long as you develop for Sony consoles so its likely better than anything Falcom could develop at the moment, so its unlikely they'll be using a new engine anytime soon.
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014
#44lunchEATSyouPosted 12/13/2013 8:59:22 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
It's kinda sad if you allow random anonymous people on the Internet coerce you in not wanting a game. Both Ys: Memories of Celceta and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic games.

I really don't know what people are expecting with A Link Between Worlds though. It's an isometric Zelda game that looks drastically better than ALTTP, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracle games.

The user in question has -6 karma, so you're probably off not taking him/her seriously :P
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#45Lord_VishanaPosted 12/13/2013 9:05:42 AM
Levitta posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

I'm not sure that's true. The geometry and amount of detail in the environments seems too detailed to have been a PSP game, also the draw distance as well.

I find it more likely that Falcom just hasn't adapted to the new engine and hardware they only recently started working with. The biggest problem seems to be the game is running at sub-native res, which means Falcom couldn't get the game to look as nice as they wanted too while running at a decent frame rate at native res. That implies they just can't get the most out of the hardware at the moment.

I believe they're currently using the Phyre engine, which is free as long as you develop for Sony consoles so its likely better than anything Falcom could develop at the moment, so its unlikely they'll be using a new engine anytime soon.

Thank you for that information. I wasn't aware of those aspects of the game.

lunchEATSyou posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

The user in question has -6 karma, so you're probably off not taking him/her seriously :P

I didn't know negative karma was even possible until karissa came here. -_-
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#46Supaboy2Posted 12/14/2013 1:29:35 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Given that Nintendo ip's don't appeal to me at all, add to the fact that the fanbase is so terrible it doesn't give me any incentive to do so.
#47Lord_VishanaPosted 12/14/2013 1:38:29 PM
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Given that Nintendo ip's don't appeal to me at all, add to the fact that the fanbase is so terrible it doesn't give me any incentive to do so.

You consider the Nintendo fan community to be terrible? Perhaps it has a few bad apples, but the Sony and Microsoft community aren't any different. If you don't like Nintendo first party games for whatever reason, that's fine, just don't ignore the third party games out of some misplaced sense of brand or company loyalty.
---
#48helldewPosted 12/14/2013 2:01:06 PM
People really think it looks like a PSP game... are you serious? I think people need to get their eyes checked or need to remember what a PSP game looks like

I remember people rather likeing the graphics in Ys7 so lets take a little look

il gather a couple screen shots so it wont be that lets compare a crap screenshot to a great screen shot stupidity either.

Ys 7
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/958946-ys-seven/images/gs_screen-2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/958946-ys-seven/images/gs_screen-8
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/958946-ys-seven/images/gs_screen-1

Ys Celceta
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/images/screen-6
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/images/gs_screen-1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/images/gs_screen-1

I wouldnt say it looks anything near the PSP game. Jesus look at the character model Celceta is FAR better looking there the number of enemies on the screen in the game is also far far higher ive seen 12-15 enemies on the screen at once where as 7 doesnt have more then like 4 at a given time. enemies also look more detailed in celceta.

IMO celceta doesnt look like very good vita game in terms of how good it could look but it sure as hell isnt a PS2 or PSP game its definitely a fair bit past that.it look like a lower end vita game sure but PSP game? not even close. definitely somewhere more in the middle of the 2 gens in terms of graphics which im fine with. Plus it looks a fair bit better when its running in game cause it runs really damn smooth and the OLED screen give it a nice bit of pop.
---
Opening up a Youtube/Facebook channel check me out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-dew/385088068261207
#49FKRW4LifePosted 12/14/2013 2:13:06 PM
Link between worlds looks like it was made with the DS games engine. Just updated for the 3ds. Ys looks like it was made with the 7 engine, just updated for the Vita.

Both games are must owns and proof that graphics can take a backseat to the game play.

IMHO
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#50Supaboy2Posted 12/15/2013 1:33:24 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

You consider the Nintendo fan community to be terrible? Perhaps it has a few bad apples, but the Sony and Microsoft community aren't any different. If you don't like Nintendo first party games for whatever reason, that's fine, just don't ignore the third party games out of some misplaced sense of brand or company loyalty.

Seeing how they come to invade here so much, yes. I consider it terrible. While I may not like Nintendo franchise much, a good community might help invest me more into the games instead of keeping me away with their constant bias of Nintendo can do no wrong and Mario is pure innovation and what every game should strive to be. Clearly Nintendo isn't held in the same standard as everything else and that pisses me off.