Gamespot finally reviews Ys

#51Lord_VishanaPosted 12/15/2013 3:17:50 PM
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
It's kinda sad if you allow random anonymous people on the Internet coerce you in not wanting a game. Both Ys: Memories of Celceta and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic games.

I really don't know what people are expecting with A Link Between Worlds though. It's an isometric Zelda game that looks drastically better than ALTTP, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracle games.

Not sure why people are trying disparage either. It's obvious that it was originally a PSP game. This doesn't make it hideous at all. I'm sure the inevitable next Ys game will have an entirely new graphics engine.

Given that Nintendo ip's don't appeal to me at all, add to the fact that the fanbase is so terrible it doesn't give me any incentive to do so.

You consider the Nintendo fan community to be terrible? Perhaps it has a few bad apples, but the Sony and Microsoft community aren't any different. If you don't like Nintendo first party games for whatever reason, that's fine, just don't ignore the third party games out of some misplaced sense of brand or company loyalty.

Seeing how they come to invade here so much, yes. I consider it terrible. While I may not like Nintendo franchise much, a good community might help invest me more into the games instead of keeping me away with their constant bias of Nintendo can do no wrong and Mario is pure innovation and what every game should strive to be. Clearly Nintendo isn't held in the same standard as everything else and that pisses me off.

Oh get over yourself. The actions of a few individuals on the Internet aren't indicative of the entire community. No one thinks Nintendo is perfect or infallible. Why do you jump to the conclusion that the trolls here are automatically affiliated with Nintendo anyway? They could be Microsoft, Apple or PC fans. They could even be people who hate handhelds or enjoy trolling in general.

Do you honestly think the Sony or Microsoft community is somehow better than the Nintendo one? All communitys consist of a few bad people you shouldn't let their machinations define your perception of them.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#52TheNeoVoidPosted 12/15/2013 3:50:56 PM(edited)
It bothers me all the character models have mitten hands in the game.
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#53SagadegoPosted 12/15/2013 4:39:50 PM
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Supaboy2 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
It's kinda sad if you allow random anonymous people on the Internet coerce you in not wanting a game. Both Ys: Memories of Celceta and A Link Between Worlds are fantastic games.

I really don't know what people are expecting with A Link Between Worlds though. It's an isometric Zelda game that looks drastically better than ALTTP, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and the Oracle games.

Not sure why people are trying disparage either. It's obvious that it was originally a PSP game. This doesn't make it hideous at all. I'm sure the inevitable next Ys game will have an entirely new graphics engine.

Given that Nintendo ip's don't appeal to me at all, add to the fact that the fanbase is so terrible it doesn't give me any incentive to do so.

You consider the Nintendo fan community to be terrible? Perhaps it has a few bad apples, but the Sony and Microsoft community aren't any different. If you don't like Nintendo first party games for whatever reason, that's fine, just don't ignore the third party games out of some misplaced sense of brand or company loyalty.

Seeing how they come to invade here so much, yes. I consider it terrible. While I may not like Nintendo franchise much, a good community might help invest me more into the games instead of keeping me away with their constant bias of Nintendo can do no wrong and Mario is pure innovation and what every game should strive to be. Clearly Nintendo isn't held in the same standard as everything else and that pisses me off.

you mean when trolls like servant and his cronies come and invade the 3ds board and do the same including demondog666/stalemate666, you're no better then them right now.
---
Now Playing:
random games (3ds/ds) Soul Sacrifice/ Persona 4 Golden (ps vita) Dynasty Warriors 8(Ps3)
#54Supaboy2Posted 12/16/2013 5:32:39 PM
@Vishana
I'm not just talking about gamefaqs, I meant in general.

@
Sagadego
I should care why? I'm not the one doing those things.
#55DaTreasureChestPosted 12/16/2013 5:39:12 PM
Supaboy and San . . . the hell is wrong with you both?
---
New PSN: MagitekDreamz
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2llddYhZe1qj9e4io1_500.jpg
#56DaTreasureChestPosted 12/16/2013 5:39:53 PM
DaTreasureChest posted...

Sagadego*
---
New PSN: MagitekDreamz
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2llddYhZe1qj9e4io1_500.jpg
#57SagadegoPosted 12/16/2013 5:42:07 PM

Sagadego*

sorry i'm not a fanboy like those chumps. he's no better then them.
---
Now Playing:
random games (3ds/ds) Soul Sacrifice/ Persona 4 Golden (ps vita) Dynasty Warriors 8(Ps3)
#58MarkthePhoenixPosted 12/16/2013 5:43:31 PM
Sagadego posted...

Sagadego*

sorry i'm not a fanboy like those chumps. he's no better then them.

Funniest thing I've read all day.
---
Vita's true purpose was to promote Persona. Retroxgamer0 100% serious
#59AceAndJunpei(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 6:53:03 PM
TheNeoVoid posted...
It bothers me all the character models have mitten hands in the game.

After FE:Awakening's characters were missing feet entirely, nothing bothers me, lol.
---
Now Playing: AC4: Black Flag (PS3/PC), SMTIV (3DS), WWHD (WiiU) SM3DW (WiiU), Zelda: ALBW (3DS) CoD: Ghosts (PC/Ultra settings)
#60Prince ShondronaiPosted 12/16/2013 7:16:40 PM
I'd rather the graphics look a little dated than have Falcom go under like so many developers who have tried to make their games look as pretty as the hardware they're developing on allows.

Graphics-whores would rather the whole industry crumble to dust than see a few low-poly models every once in awhile.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.