Tearaway sold 14k.

#111JayGood259OzPosted 12/15/2013 1:30:54 PM
And too be honest I am worried about all of sonys first party studios and IPS. Gran Turismo 6 is tanking compared with previous entries. Most Gran Turismo games sell around 10 to 12 million units. 6 Sold 240k week 1 in USA which is a bad sign. I think Sony also made some terrible marketing decisions in regards to release dates being so close to PS4.

Ratchet And Clank into the nexus didnt sell as well as other Ratchet titles.
God Of War Ascension sold around 4 million less than God Of War 3 and with a larger install base.
Beyond Two Souls...a second party studio game sold mch less than Heavy Rain.
Twisted Metal tanked...

Seems like there is more consoles than ever but the only people thriving and growing their business are call of duty and grand theft auto....and even call of duty looks like its peaked a year ago.
#112ylvisPosted 12/15/2013 1:49:37 PM
JayGood259Oz posted...
Ooseye posted...
JayGood259Oz posted...
wstfld posted...
That is a damn shame. I thought Vita people bought games? I downloaded it as soon as I was able.

Digital downloads don't count towards NPD sales, only physical items scanned at cash register. I imagine vita games sell more digitally even on disc. That's how I buy mine.

With Vita memory being so ridiculously expensive I imagine most people buy physical.

The vita as a system begs for digital downloads. I buy console games at retail but never had the urge to buy a cita game at retail. Most people with half a brain can manage memory, and most people don't need more than a couple games installed at once.

Why would it perform better over seas? The game definitely didn't perform better in Japan where it sold less than 3800 copies first week.
#113skipboris2Posted 12/15/2013 2:02:42 PM
Tearaway is my GOTY. I'm sad that gamers have rejected a true masterpiece. We need more games like Tearaway if the industry wants to move beyond the dudebro and jrpgeek crowds.
#114Coordinates(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 2:11:55 PM
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Also, DDG brought up Mario and Zelda as being milked in the Alundra thread. Practice what you preach before you intend for others to follow.

darkdragongirl posted...
Monoculus posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Or we could play a Vita game called Ys: Memories of Celceta.

But hey, let's not support the Vita with software sales, and show that we want more video games, and instead buy a digital PS1 game that doesn't prove anything other than that we love games from consoles that are now dead. So go ahead Sony, because once the Vita is dead people are going to be buying Vita games like hot-cakes.

Yes, let's all buy a rehash of a twenty-year-old game ( or two twenty-year-old games? I don't even know which Ys IV Celceta's actually based on, or how different they actually are) at $40 instead of buying a port of a sixteen-year-old game at $6! That'll show 'em!

People also buy milked to death Zelda, and Mario games which are almost the same thing. More so Super Mario or Mario World games.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68089981

Link me DDG's post then.
---
PSN: pPpPancakes
New User/Troll/Ignore - The official three words of the GFAQs community.
#115hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/15/2013 2:14:09 PM
^ Seriously? Go to that link above, ctrl+F and darkdragon then read the second post she/he made. It's RIGHT there.
---
http://s23.postimg.org/kb2fx314b/3_DS_Warrior.png
#116MarkthePhoenixPosted 12/15/2013 2:44:33 PM
Coordinates posted...
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Also, DDG brought up Mario and Zelda as being milked in the Alundra thread. Practice what you preach before you intend for others to follow.

darkdragongirl posted...
Monoculus posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Or we could play a Vita game called Ys: Memories of Celceta.

But hey, let's not support the Vita with software sales, and show that we want more video games, and instead buy a digital PS1 game that doesn't prove anything other than that we love games from consoles that are now dead. So go ahead Sony, because once the Vita is dead people are going to be buying Vita games like hot-cakes.

Yes, let's all buy a rehash of a twenty-year-old game ( or two twenty-year-old games? I don't even know which Ys IV Celceta's actually based on, or how different they actually are) at $40 instead of buying a port of a sixteen-year-old game at $6! That'll show 'em!

People also buy milked to death Zelda, and Mario games which are almost the same thing. More so Super Mario or Mario World games.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68089981

Link me DDG's post then.

Not sure if serious.

Thanks Hustlin by the way.
---
Vita's true purpose was to promote Persona. Retroxgamer0 100% serious
#117RogueStatus28Posted 12/15/2013 2:47:23 PM
JayGood259Oz posted...
And too be honest I am worried about all of sonys first party studios and IPS. Gran Turismo 6 is tanking compared with previous entries. Most Gran Turismo games sell around 10 to 12 million units. 6 Sold 240k week 1 in USA which is a bad sign. I think Sony also made some terrible marketing decisions in regards to release dates being so close to PS4.

Ratchet And Clank into the nexus didnt sell as well as other Ratchet titles.
God Of War Ascension sold around 4 million less than God Of War 3 and with a larger install base.
Beyond Two Souls...a second party studio game sold mch less than Heavy Rain.
Twisted Metal tanked...

Seems like there is more consoles than ever but the only people thriving and growing their business are call of duty and grand theft auto....and even call of duty looks like its peaked a year ago.

It's safe to say there are no Sony first party IP's that could turn around the Vita. Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Killzone, they've came and gone. A selected few think Infamous would push Vita's but that would just end up like Killzone Mercenary but sell way less. The only people that will buy Infamous are the die hard Playstation fans.
#118Megaman OmegaPosted 12/15/2013 3:31:33 PM
lmao! It's hilarious how people are shameless enough to spin this. "first month sales don't matter! You can't judge the game before it's out for years, bro!"
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#119MarkthePhoenixPosted 12/15/2013 3:32:41 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
lmao! It's hilarious how people are shameless enough to spin this. "first month sales don't matter! You can't judge the game before it's out for years, bro!"

It has not been out for a month yet.
---
Vita's true purpose was to promote Persona. Retroxgamer0 100% serious
#120XDRGNPosted 12/15/2013 3:45:44 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

One thing you should always remember about Servant of Eiros and all his alts e.g. MarkThePheonix, Vita4Ever, karissa1, Human-Bean, etc. is that he(?)'s not really a fanboy, just a parody troll account.