WOW! didn't realize how bad theh Vita was doing sales wise! PSP gamers where?

#51MarkthePhoenixPosted 12/15/2013 2:37:50 PM
hyjinx17 posted
and nothing has been announced as in development either.

Freedom Wars? Also, Toukiden and Danganronpa may also be available on PSP in Japan. But in good old America, Vita will be the only medium to purchase those games in English. That definitely counts for something.
---
Vita's true purpose was to promote Persona. Retroxgamer0 100% serious
#52a_gon_neePosted 12/15/2013 2:46:18 PM
In the battle between PSP and DS I stuck with my PSP and neglected all those great games on DS. Decided not to make that mistake again this time around and bought a JP 3DS just incase. I bought 2 Vitas as well lol.

Basically western developers have abandoned handhelds. If you want great games you have to rely on Japan. It seems that Nintendo is more proactive in localizing their own as well as 3rd party content. Sony conversely has done very little to get the few games released in Japan on Vita over to the west.
---
PSN:Kysen100, 3DS LL: 1821-8906-7784
#53skipboris2Posted 12/15/2013 3:09:55 PM
Typically lack of sales translates to lack of games but Vita has resisted that trend. I just saw on the PS blog its getting EIGHT new games this week. So as an owner I'm not terribly bothered by sales.
#54RogueStatus28Posted 12/15/2013 3:22:56 PM
With the 3DS you saw poor sales then when sales started picking up you saw more and more games, 2013 spoke for itself. Sales are the name of the game.
#55RabitePosted 12/15/2013 4:04:54 PM(edited)
The PSP games I would want to play on Vita aren't on PSN in the US. No Salamander Portable, Parodius Portable, Tales of Eternia, Star Ocean 1 or 2, Final Fantasy 1, etc etc.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#56DreamGoddess1Posted 12/15/2013 4:03:15 PM
LOL at people thinking gamers switched to 3DS. That's as big a debacle as Vita.

Where are PSP players? Still playing their PSPs.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#57Spiffy247Posted 12/15/2013 4:04:08 PM
I really liked my PSP. and now I own a Vita and 3DS.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#58hyjinx17Posted 12/15/2013 4:18:15 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
LOL at people thinking gamers switched to 3DS. That's as big a debacle as Vita

are you serious? lol
#59DreamGoddess1Posted 12/15/2013 4:24:46 PM
Yes, I'm serious. Yeah, they've sold a bit more, but then again, Nintendo has always been at the top of the portable game system market. For Vita to be anywhere near 3DS in sales is hilarious, regardless of how long they've been out.

I've heard nothing but complaints about the 3DS. It's not substantially better than the DS. 3D gaming is a fad that'll go away in another couple years. That and the 3DS 3D stuff can cause headaches and migraines in people that I've talked to with it. The 3DS and the Vita were both pointless money grabs by their respective companies.

The Vita isn't likely to surpass the PSP, and I'll be surprised if the 3DS surpasses the DS. Neither will ever stand up to the sales from yesteryear with the Game Boy.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#60hyjinx17Posted 12/15/2013 4:43:09 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
Yes, I'm serious. Yeah, they've sold a bit more, but then again, Nintendo has always been at the top of the portable game system market. For Vita to be anywhere near 3DS in sales is hilarious, regardless of how long they've been out.

I've heard nothing but complaints about the 3DS. It's not substantially better than the DS. 3D gaming is a fad that'll go away in another couple years. That and the 3DS 3D stuff can cause headaches and migraines in people that I've talked to with it. The 3DS and the Vita were both pointless money grabs by their respective companies.

The Vita isn't likely to surpass the PSP, and I'll be surprised if the 3DS surpasses the DS. Neither will ever stand up to the sales from yesteryear with the Game Boy.

Vita has sold no where near the 3DS, I don't know where you are pulling these numbers from(well, yes I do) and while I agree the 3D is bad, gives me horrible eye strain, doesn't change the fact that there are great games on the 3DS.

Right now the 3DS sales over 2 years are greater than the DS's sales 2 years in so...