What are the must-plays of the vita?

#1undecidedpsvPosted 12/15/2013 2:05:27 PM
Games that every vita owner should play.

Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Golden Abyss, etc.
#2ThrenagynPosted 12/15/2013 2:24:55 PM
Tier 1 (start with these):
Persona 4: Golden
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Tearaway
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Walking Dead (if you never played it on PS3 or PC)

All of the above games have an 8.5 or higher on IGN, except for Ys which hasn't been rated yet, but has an 85 on metacritic.

Tier 2:
Rayman Origins
Murumasa Rebirth
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Dragon's Crown
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
MGS HD collection
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone Mercenaries

All of the above games have 8.0 or higher on IGN, except for Soul Sacrifice (7.7)
#3andizzle29662Posted 12/15/2013 2:25:04 PM
Tearaway, killzone, Littlebigplanet, and Uncharted.
---
Most WANTED: Super Mario WiiU, link to the past 2, Pokemon x, X, Last of us, pikmin 3, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Castlevania LOS 2, Watchdogs, Killzone SF
#4ThrenagynPosted 12/15/2013 2:25:48 PM
oops, forgot Gravity Rush, prob tier 2 for me.
#5Sami1000Posted 12/15/2013 2:45:54 PM
Threnagyn posted...
Tier 1 (start with these):
Persona 4: Golden
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Tearaway
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Walking Dead (if you never played it on PS3 or PC)

All of the above games have an 8.5 or higher on IGN, except for Ys which hasn't been rated yet, but has an 85 on metacritic.

Tier 2:
Rayman Origins
Murumasa Rebirth
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Dragon's Crown
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
MGS HD collection
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone Mercenaries

All of the above games have 8.0 or higher on IGN, except for Soul Sacrifice (7.7)

Not judgin how good the games are, but please don't use IGN review scores to put games into a tiers. IGN reviews are 90% of a time just useless and barely scratches the surface many times. Most of the time i feel like IGN reviews can be put into two category: A. "they paid us" ones and B. "they didn't pay us" ones.
#6hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/15/2013 3:28:58 PM
^ That is your opinion and fair play to you, but maybe let others have and use theirs, too.

For me, must have games on Vita are:

Rainbow Moon
Terraria
Spelunky
Wipeout 2048

Other good games:

Valhalla Knights 3 (some great parts marred by the horrific "Sexy Time")
Soul Sacrifice
---
http://s23.postimg.org/kb2fx314b/3_DS_Warrior.png
#7OhGoodGriefPosted 12/15/2013 3:37:45 PM(edited)
Hello new user.
I don't have any must plays because that could imply the game is perfect for anyone. Personally, I think that's oversimplifying people as we all have personal tastes/bias.

I have highly reccomended and reccomended games (most of which I've played) that people should take the time to look into.

In no particular order I would highly reccomend you look into

Wipeout 2048
Futuristic scifi racer that has excellent difficulty.

dragon's crown
Loot-based, side scrolling beat em up. Variety of classes: each play uniquely. Story is pointless but gameplay is the main focus and is super fun. Cross-play with ps3

soul sacrifice
Hunting game revolving around short, mission-based arena fights with giant, demented monsters. Lots of lore for each boss and monster. Decent story mode too.
Imbalance among spells and character class but everything is viable to beat the entire game.

killzone mercenary
I wouldn't buy it but it's clearly the best shooter on the vita. I wouldn't buy it cause IDC for shooters, though I've played it on my friend's vita and was part of the pre launch demo thing.

YS: Memories of Celeceta
Action packed JRPG. Great great combat and boss fights. People say it's loz in ways which I guess is sorta true in a way kind of. It emphazises combat more than puzzles.

Rayman legends and Rayman Origins
The best platformers. Looks great, and the physics feel fantastic as you fly through extremely well designed levels.

Tearaway
Media molecules 3dplatformer Tearawayİ TOUCHES hearts and souls in this CHARMING masterpiece. From seeing your face in the sun to the quirky sights and sounds of each unique section of the world, you will love the JOURNEY of your very own customizable messenger.
Game is about 8-10 hours for a play through where you try to get everything. I platniumed it in about 15 but got caught up replaying levels for fun and customizing things like THE PIG YOU RIDE (whaaAAaat???! IzZZ za piggeh??!!)

Virtue's last Reward
Playing 999 (nds game) helps a lot with story elements for this visual novel follow up. Unravel the mystery, complete puzzles, and solve the murder mystery. As you get further things get crazier.

uncharted grilling abyss
I wasn't into it but there isn't much to knock against this long story driven game. It's uncharted and it's good so I think it should be highly reccomended.l

Super Frog qHD
Soundtrack to out lives. Better than burnt toast.

hotline Miami
Brutal top down acrade sorta thing. Idk what the genre it's called but it's really fun. Don't play safe, try to be a fast as you can to clear levels while getting a great score

As for regular recommendations you should consider looking into.

Gravity rush, perfection 4 the yellow, sine minora, muramassa rebirth, superstardust delta (try the demo), guacamelee, mutant blobs from space, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, rainbow moon, terraria, lone survivor director cut, spazlunky, velocity ultra, Thomas was alone, hotshots golf, little big planet, metal gear solid HD collection, need for speed most wanted, sorcery saga curry curse, sound shape, strolling dead.

Stuff that have polarized opinions

Sonic all star racing, silent hill book of memories, batman blackgate, touch my katamari, escape plan, PlayStation all stars battle, sly cooper thief in time, ragnarok odessy in a way, divekick
#8Over30VirginPosted 12/15/2013 3:44:21 PM
strong username to post content ratio
---
Handheld Sales over time: http://abload.de/img/npdharndheldltd34mowvusi.png
#9INKU48Posted 12/15/2013 8:29:21 PM
Tier One for me is:
Gravity Rush
LittleBigPlanet
Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Soul Sacrifice
Virtue's Last Reward
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (although this one could be better played elsewhere)
---
Official Adol Christin of the Vita board.
#10CoordinatesPosted 12/15/2013 8:34:27 PM(edited)
hustlin_pimpste posted...
^ That is your opinion and fair play to you, but maybe let others have and use theirs, too.

For me, must have games on Vita are:

Rainbow Moon
Terraria
Spelunky
Wipeout 2048

Other good games:

Valhalla Knights 3 (some great parts marred by the horrific "Sexy Time")
Soul Sacrifice

Spelunky has horrific slowdown in some parts of the game.

Get it if you've already brought it on PS3, otherwise the undeniable PC master race version won't be riddled with annoying glitches. On the Vita, each time I complete the second cave, I just kill myself just to not endure that ice cave awfulness. >.<
---
PSN: pPpPancakes
New User/Troll/Ignore - The official three words of the GFAQs community.