A vita exclusive MGS or Monster hunter game can really save the vita

#11wasabi5858Posted 12/19/2013 2:44:24 AM
FedEx_Corp posted...
Vita doesn't need saving. Sure, the hardware isn't selling that well but the softwares are.

Times like this I wish I have the image of the MH4 sales > all Vita JP sales handy... Vita certainly isn't selling that much new software and if your purpose is to have Vita to play old games, then a PSP serves that purpose for most of the games for cheap. For myself, I did not buy a Vita so I can rebuy and play PSP/PS1 games . (ironically, with the lack of compelling new games, that is ultimately what many of us end up doing just to have an excuse to dust off the vita... sad)
#12Lord of the FliesPosted 12/19/2013 2:49:47 AM
FedEx_Corp posted...

I can't believe I am re-buying stuff that I already owned/played again because it is digital and more convenient on the Vita.

I can. I can't play my PC or console games at work, after all.

Overnight shift at an assisted living home can be a long boring slog without something to occupy your time and playing games on Vita is a great way of killing time while keeping myself awake.
#13FedEx_CorpPosted 12/19/2013 3:09:19 AM
wasabi5858 posted...
FedEx_Corp posted...
Vita doesn't need saving. Sure, the hardware isn't selling that well but the softwares are.

Times like this I wish I have the image of the MH4 sales > all Vita JP sales handy... Vita certainly isn't selling that much new software and if your purpose is to have Vita to play old games, then a PSP serves that purpose for most of the games for cheap. For myself, I did not buy a Vita so I can rebuy and play PSP/PS1 games . (ironically, with the lack of compelling new games, that is ultimately what many of us end up doing just to have an excuse to dust off the vita... sad)

To Sony, that is what they also see in the Vita. When you have more than 60% of the playerbases buying new/older games digitally and very constantly, it is basically more revenue for Sony and their PS ecosystem as a whole.
Vita to Sony doesn't need saving. It is making them a profit on their end, and that is what matter to them.
They are introducing Vita TV so people can buy into the PSN services ie: TV/Movie.
Remote Play to increase brand loyalty and ownership from console players.
They are trying to copy Apple ecosystem, and to me, it is working.
I am buying more games, and movies on the PSN because of the Vita. The system is finally converting me to be more of a digital consumer on their service than ever before.
PS4 and their "next gen" download didn't convert me, the Vita's ability to be anywhere with me did.

Steam/PC was the only digital service that I would accept because online services is well established on computer.
Now? PSN doesn't look too bad when my account is tied across all of their consoles/handhelds.
#14ServantOfErieosPosted 12/19/2013 3:53:34 AM
Only trolls and fanboys see the system as something that needs saving.

Look at it from Sony's perspective, the system is doing very well.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#15OoseyePosted 12/19/2013 4:02:56 AM
Only fan-trolls pretend the Vita doesn't need saving.

It's not a question of Sony scrapping the Vita but how long developers will continue to make Vita games.
#16inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 12/19/2013 4:38:22 AM
(/_-)

You guys realize vita isn't making profits for Sony?
That's why they made cheaper model with less cost... Removing oled any material that would cost more money to make device...
Vita is a loss from Sony
Vita won't survive for 10 year life cycle as they said.
It would be like 4-5 years max.
You all will see in 2016
#17vyseskiesPosted 12/19/2013 4:54:11 AM
Monster Hunter belongs to Nintendo
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3