IGN finally reviews YS memories of Celceta

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 12/19/2013 4:35:45 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/ys-memories-of-celceta-review

Pretty much spot on with my impressions of what I saw in gameplay footage.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2Tenchi UKPosted 12/19/2013 4:45:15 PM
The upgrade system is actualy pretty important on higher difficulties i found, upgrading evasion and hp regeneration can be a lifesaver as is status effects.

also it is better to upgrade weaker weapons and synth them to your best weapons since it is vastly more cost effective.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#3cheezedadadaPosted 12/19/2013 4:48:03 PM(edited)
7.5? Ys is one of best games available on here.

Now that I think of it, 7.5 might actually be the lowest score Ys got from review sites around the web. I am hoping to agree with the various IGN reviewers again some day in the future, but so far we seem to disagree on everything.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#4CompassPosted 12/19/2013 5:06:57 PM
lol, Servant is hyping this game now? He must have finally figured out it's a Vita exclusive.
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 12/19/2013 5:29:16 PM
I'm not sure why they seemingly have an aversion to the story. It was pretty interesting to me. While it wasn't as good as the shocking revelation in Seven, I thought the story in Memories of Celceta was decent.

Kinda confused why the review encouraged you to buy equipment from shops. That isn't even necessary since you get better gear from the overworld and dungeons. My first playthrough was on Hard and I didn't need to buy anything except some potions. If you play on Nightmare, you'll definitely need all +72 equipment though.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6halfelven23Posted 12/19/2013 6:24:32 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I'm not sure why they seemingly have an aversion to the story. It was pretty interesting to me. While it wasn't as good as the shocking revelation in Seven, I thought the story in Memories of Celceta was decent.

Kinda confused why the review encouraged you to buy equipment from shops. That isn't even necessary since you get better gear from the overworld and dungeons. My first playthrough was on Hard and I didn't need to buy anything except some potions. If you play on Nightmare, you'll definitely need all +72 equipment though.

nevermind the story because this game is too short.....imagine if the main story is at least 40 hours!! pure goodness!!
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#7vanguard29Posted 12/19/2013 6:31:18 PM
Blasphemy! MoC deserves better than this!!! I vow to never trust IGN even a little bit ever again. I have lost the last shred of faith in them!

/overreaction.

honestly, that is too low, imo. i love the game, but even "objectively" the game is better than 7.5
---
Ysus season approaching. F*** whatever yall been hearing. F*** what, F*** whatever yall been playing. Adol's about to come alive again.
#8Spike21Posted 12/19/2013 6:38:26 PM
Aw, no video review :P
---
Oyasumi