Any vita-compatible games with a really good story?

#21verycornyPosted 12/21/2013 6:52:02 PM
CharCol97 posted...
I played VLR before 999, and it spoils some, but you can do it for sure.

Yep, only do if you never plan to buy 999.
---
PSN - verycorny
3DS Friend Code - 0001-3307-3720
#22erosennin4444Posted 12/21/2013 7:53:59 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Virtues Last Reward.

You're welcome!

THIS ^^ also Ys is a great memorable game but you have to play the other 7( i think its 7? maybe 6) to understand.
---
Mega Blaziken is a Blaziken that has achieved true sereneness as a warrior in it's timeless fight against Colonel Sanders. - Flame552
#23MonadoMasterPosted 12/21/2013 8:03:39 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
mjnoir1 posted...
SurviveRatstar posted...
ilovecarebears posted...
999 is 18 dollars on amazon. I guess I'll just skip the series entirely.

It's one of the top games this gen and that sounds like a great price, why skip?

Lol @ VLW being a top game. Playing is like watching paint dry.

Too intellectual for your limited capacity?

I'm sorry.

>person doesn't like game for whatever reason
>reason why he doesn't like it can only be because he's too stupid to understand it

Or, y'know, he might just not like visual novels?
#24SurviveRatstar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 2:47:48 AM
CharCol97 posted...
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Persona 3 and 4 are completely different from the first two, and much better. Get 3.

Um, well I've played a bit of Persona 2 and that already seems much better than 4, 4 was very disappointing. I was just hoping 3 was better than 4.
---
3DS Friend Code 1134-8192-1835 (Pokemon X)
http://surviveratstar.tumblr.com/
#25resistor75Posted 12/22/2013 4:40:05 AM
Get fear effect. I live in the states and don't have the option. Xenosaga is great too.
---
0=2
#26Stasis_SwordPosted 12/22/2013 5:26:02 AM
PS One Classics:
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Suikoden
(Suikoden 2 in some areas)

PSP:
Tactics Ogre
Persona 3*
Trails in the Sky
Growlanser 4

Vita:
Soul Sacrifice
Persona 4*

* Persona games are unusual watch some vids

Also the Ys games are great, but I don't think the story is stellar.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#27OoseyePosted 12/22/2013 5:55:15 AM
resistor75 posted...
Get fear effect. I live in the states and don't have the option. Xenosaga is great too.

Xenosaga isn't available on Vita, and the only handheld version of the games (well 1-2) were for DS.

Fear Effect is a pretty good game.
#28resistor75Posted 12/22/2013 7:29:50 AM
Ooseye posted...
resistor75 posted...

Xenosaga isn't available on Vita, and the only handheld version of the games (well 1-2) were for DS.

Yeah I meant xenogears. Don't know why I said saga. I played fear effect when it came out and it would be awesome on vita.
---
0=2
#29OoseyePosted 12/22/2013 7:53:13 AM
resistor75 posted...
Ooseye posted...
resistor75 posted...

Yeah I meant xenogears. Don't know why I said saga. I played fear effect when it came out and it would be awesome on vita.

Ah yeah I should of realized that. That would be awesome if they released qHD/HD versions of Xenosaga on the PSN or something.
I actually got FE 1&2 in my closet but I haven't played the first in like a decade and never played the second one.
#30sEmesextrEmPosted 12/22/2013 8:01:07 AM
Rjmhart posted...
Tactics Ogre is a pretty good story and there's a LOT of gameplay there if you want. Final Fantasy Tactics I think has the better story.

Yeah, FFT definitely has the better story, at least IMO.
---
This thread should have been a poll. A well-greased pole, for the audience to show their appreciation for the performers!
~coineineagh