Everyone really should give Final Fantasy X-2 a chance.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 12/23/2013 6:51:02 AM
After the North American release date and details about Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster were announced people were understandably upset that X-2 wasn't receiving a physical release and exists only as a download voucher in North America.

There's been a few people who've been dismissing X-2 as garbage. Some are planning to either sell or give the code away. I really encourage everyone to give it a chance. Don't listen to the vitriol about it if you haven't played it before. Wether this is your first experience or if you disliked the game the first time you played it, this game brings something new that most North Americans haven't experienced before.

This is the International version of Final Fantasy X-2 which has a substantial amount of new content. It kinda feels like an entirely new game with all the new features included. Some of which are the following.

- Monster catching and raising.
- New playable characters. These aforementioned characters are ones from the Final Fantasy X universe. Here's a small list of some that are playable. (Possible spoilers) Lulu, Wakka, Tidus(although he goes by a different name), Auron, LeBlanc, Ormi, Logos, Nooj, Gippal, Brother, Shinra, Baralai, Braska, Jecht and Seymour .
- A Battle Arena.
- New Dress Spheres, Garment Grids and other items.
- A really fun side game called Last Mission. It's a rougelike game that takes place after X-2.

I understand how polarizing the game can be. It's either a love it or hate it game. Personally, I enjoyed it more than X. Since many of you are paying $40 the Vita version, you don't really have anything to lose in redeeming the X-2 download code.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2Mister MoneyPosted 12/23/2013 6:55:40 AM
I am not surprised at the download only. USA loves to have inferior, cheap packaging for their "limited edition" bundles and provide games on download codes or a physical cart minus the game box.

I will be utterly shocked though, if Japan gives me download only codes for X and X-2 next week when I receive my FFX|X-2 Vita 2000 bundle. Stay tuned.
---
My PS Vita-1000 Systems: Sapphire Blue (Japan), Crystal White (US). PS Vita-2000 Systems: Light Blue/White (Japan), Final Fantasy X|X-2 Special Edition (Japan).
#3Spiffy247Posted 12/23/2013 6:57:08 AM
Miss Vishana, you convinced me weeks ago.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 7:03:52 AM
Mister Money posted...
I am not surprised at the download only. USA loves to have inferior, cheap packaging for their "limited edition" bundles and provide games on download codes or a physical cart minus the game box.

I will be utterly shocked though, if Japan gives me download only codes for X and X-2 next week when I receive my FFX|X-2 Vita 2000 bundle. Stay tuned.

I'm waiting with bated breath just like you. I was reluctant to get the 2000 model at first, but the Final Fantasy X/X-2 convinced me. I obviously hope they're physical, but I'm content with digital.

Spiffy247 posted...

I'm sure you'll love it. :-)

*hands you an ostentatious octopus*
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5gamemaster712Posted 12/23/2013 7:14:42 AM
I did...
Didn't hold attention for long...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y IGN: Sean; X IGN: Lily
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#6Spiffy247Posted 12/23/2013 7:40:05 AM(edited)
Lord_Vishana posted...

Spiffy247 posted...

I'm sure you'll love it. :-)

*hands you an ostentatious octopus*

You must love these things that I do. Fish slapping and alliteration animals.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#7krizz07Posted 12/23/2013 7:27:07 AM
good thing i'm all digital. i don't have to worry on such things.
#8SurviveRatstarPosted 12/23/2013 7:30:37 AM
I love X-2, had a lot of fun with it.
The big problem I have with it is getting everything complete for the extra stuff, I remember my first game I ended up with one "episode concluded" and had to go over the whole thing again.

People definitely don't give it enough credit, yeah the main story and the antagonists weren't great but the side stories were, and the battle system was the best they had before they just started using a WRPG system...
---
3DS Friend Code 1134-8192-1835 (Pokemon X)
http://surviveratstar.tumblr.com/
#9RjmhartPosted 12/23/2013 7:30:46 AM
Spiffy247 posted...

---
I don't troll and usually could care less if other people do. If you continuously troll me, expect a bizarre, off the wall reply.
#10Supaboy2Posted 12/23/2013 7:32:40 AM
This is easily my most anticipated game ever. Never thought I'd ever have a chance to play this on the go. March can't get here quick enough. I need a time wizard over here. XD