the vita section at walmart is an insult to vita owners everywhere...

#41TluhdatsiPosted 12/27/2013 10:11:14 AM
I can't really hold it against retailers that they're cutting back on support for the Vita; it's sort of an unpopular machine, after all (undeservedly so, but still...). They're there to make money, and their premium display space is reserved for more profitable things.

I'm not exactly happy about it, but it's their prerogative.
---
"Excuses are like poems... they're for sissies, and no one wants to hear 'em!" - Ron Stilanovich
#42NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 10:39:36 AM
isn't the wii u just selling better than the vita? why isn't the wii u section crap
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#43BlyrPosted 12/28/2013 10:54:46 AM
My walmart has a tiny Vita section, and no Wii section.

Hell, with the launch of the Xbone + PS4, they temporarily removed *all* nintendo products, 3DS games included.

Needless to say, I'm digital only. 64GB card was the best investment I could've made.
---
PSN: Blyr
#44GalluszPosted 12/28/2013 11:40:46 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
here in Okinawa all the videogame stores have a pretty big selection of vita games, I feel bad when I go to the states and see all that crime against sony.

I envy you....
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#45helzefeldPosted 12/28/2013 11:50:48 AM
NewportBox100s posted...
Yeah, the wal mart section for Vita sucks

Mine has Unit 13 and one more game .. no Vita to be found
---
Now Playing: Dragon Age: Origins (Ultimate) PS3
Most Anticipated: Demon Gaze, Conception II Vita, Destiny PS4, Bravely Default
#46ravenstarsingerPosted 1/2/2014 7:38:35 AM
I drive all over the country, and I see a lot of different Walmart and Gamestop setups. Walmart does seem to have given up on Vita, as I see more and more that do not carry any games, and some that even seem to be discontinuing the Vita and is accessories. Gamestop, however, doesn't seem to be doing that. Maybe you guys just live in particularly bad areas for the Vita, but most Gamestop stores I go to have a pretty strong presence, at least as strong as the PSP had. Considering the Vita hasn't done so well as PSP, that tells me that either Vita had a larger shelf presence than it has earned, or the PSP got less that it deserved. Practically every GS I have been to has had even obscure new games in on release day, like the collectors box for Ys: Memories of Celceta. I had a harder time finding copies of OLDER popular games like P4G. Of course, once I bought a game I had a hard time finding, it would suddenly be at every Gamestop I visited after that. The problem isn't with retail support of the Vita, the problem is with the fairly limited library of games. Most of the games are JRPG/RPG or fighting games. That isn't enough to carry a handheld.
---
OBAMA. SILAYEV. PAVLOV. RYZHKHOV. TIKHONOV. KOSYGIN. KRUSCHEV. BULGANIN. MALENKOV. STALIN. MOLOTOV. RYKOV. LENIN.
PSN: Raven_Fellblade, 3DS FC: 5043-1206-7457
#47DaTreasureChestPosted 1/2/2014 7:45:37 AM
My Walmart as Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway. That's it.
---
New PSN: blubombei2
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2llddYhZe1qj9e4io1_500.jpg
#48CODOG_OMEGAPosted 1/2/2014 8:12:40 AM
XNo_FearX posted...
its amazing how the psp was such a success and the vita is pretty much a failure system. Though I still like mine.

Ultimately pirating is what made the PSP such a success...
---
If yuo've sniged up ot GmaeQFAs thne yuo shuodl kwno yuo aer nto a gmaer... Sreoilusy!
#49OoseyePosted 1/2/2014 8:13:18 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
isn't the wii u just selling better than the vita? why isn't the wii u section crap

Vita's been out longer. And it's not like the Wii U selection in stores is stellar or anything.
---
PLAYING: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) & Virtues Last Reward (Vita)
#50first-dollPosted 1/2/2014 12:15:52 PM
Honestly it's depressing. My walmart has a whole case for Wii U games and only 5 Vita games. I actually have to go to Gamestop for Vita stuff.
---
Looking forward to: Project Diva f, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Demon Gaze, Conception II, Deception IV, and Danganronpa.
2014: Year of the Vita.