I love jrpgs but persona 4 golden doesn't even need me to play it...

#51iDoneGotUPosted 12/30/2013 10:34:42 AM
This is clearly a great story based game...Something most games lack today.
---
But there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!
#52NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 10:38:33 AM
the_NGW posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
on xbox one

My condolences.

Yeah it's really difficult to have all these games and no idea what to play next.....
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#53talesfan215Posted 12/30/2013 10:39:32 AM
Ooseye posted...
talesfan215 posted...
Ooseye posted...
Buretsu posted...
Ooseye posted...
lol

An intelligent and well thought-out rebuttal. Bravo.

Was there was anything to rebut there friend? I'm 99% sure krazykillerkow was being facetious.

Persona 4 is up there with the only few RPG's to ever score over a 90 by critics, like Xenoblade on Wii for example. So yes, it's a great game.

Did I ever say it wasn't a great game? No, what I said is that it's not even close to being the greatest JRPG ever.

And like always I could care less what some reviewers have to say.

So if you don't care about reviews, can Valhalla Knights 3 be a good game if I personally enjoy it?
---
Currently playing Tales of the Abyss, Rayman Legends, Ys Memories of Celceta.
#54OoseyePosted 12/30/2013 2:34:38 PM
talesfan215 posted...
So if you don't care about reviews, can Valhalla Knights 3 be a good game if I personally enjoy it?

Of course, if you like it then it is good to you.
BUT there is a huge difference between saying you like a game and that it is good and saying its the best game ever made.
---
PLAYING: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) & Virtues Last Reward (Vita)
#55BladinPosted 12/30/2013 4:32:00 PM
But if we did go by reviews and general consensus p4 would be really high up on top jrpg lists. You saying it's not even close is the actual opinion/non fact. Don't try to argue it. And honestly I'd like to know the other options in that list of yours that separate it from the top.

And to tc, if you don't care about the story or characters or even care about it trying to inject you into the world, than just stop playing. The game has equally long breaks between combat so if the intro bothers you it'll bother you later also.

There are plenty of rpgs that have a 5 minute start scene then combat with a blank character. Which can be fun. But p3 and p4 never claimed to be that gamr. They are story and character heavy games with anime inspired graphics.

I was hooked on p4 from the train ride. And I feel the longer startup time benefited the game immensely.
---
FC 5241-1912-1364
#56OoseyePosted 12/30/2013 4:59:27 PM
Bladin posted...
But if we did go by reviews and general consensus p4 would be really high up on top jrpg lists. You saying it's not even close is the actual opinion/non fact. Don't try to argue it. And honestly I'd like to know the other options in that list of yours that separate it from the top.

And to tc, if you don't care about the story or characters or even care about it trying to inject you into the world, than just stop playing. The game has equally long breaks between combat so if the intro bothers you it'll bother you later also.

There are plenty of rpgs that have a 5 minute start scene then combat with a blank character. Which can be fun. But p3 and p4 never claimed to be that gamr. They are story and character heavy games with anime inspired graphics.

I was hooked on p4 from the train ride. And I feel the longer startup time benefited the game immensely.

What general consensus? The only place P4G is popular are on Vita message boards which obviously make up a tiny tiny fraction of the total gaming community,
---
PLAYING: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) & Virtues Last Reward (Vita)
#57krizz07Posted 12/30/2013 5:23:54 PM
Ooseye posted...
krizz07 posted...
welcome to the world of modern JRPGs.
But really, if they don't do those long intros you will be complaining that what you are doing don't make sense. things will get better (and addicting) at least for me.
and for those people who thinks that P4G is simple, it's probably because you have played the previous version. this game is quite overwhelming for newcomers.

If you think P4G is overwhelming even for a first timer I'd love to see you play SMT 1 & 2. Those games will have you plucking your own eyeballs out by the time you get to the first boss.

Yeah, played the seconf one and it was okay. But my point doesnt only pertain to the overall complexity of a game but also the fact that some newcomers are turned off from being forced to read a lot of text to introduce the story and going through basically an instruction manual of the game before getting to the "meat" of the game.
#58OoseyePosted 12/30/2013 5:58:11 PM
krizz07 posted...
Ooseye posted...
krizz07 posted...
welcome to the world of modern JRPGs.
But really, if they don't do those long intros you will be complaining that what you are doing don't make sense. things will get better (and addicting) at least for me.
and for those people who thinks that P4G is simple, it's probably because you have played the previous version. this game is quite overwhelming for newcomers.

If you think P4G is overwhelming even for a first timer I'd love to see you play SMT 1 & 2. Those games will have you plucking your own eyeballs out by the time you get to the first boss.

Yeah, played the seconf one and it was okay. But my point doesnt only pertain to the overall complexity of a game but also the fact that some newcomers are turned off from being forced to read a lot of text to introduce the story and going through basically an instruction manual of the game before getting to the "meat" of the game.

Ah yeah that's true.
---
#59PKRockin531Posted 12/30/2013 6:04:23 PM(edited)
Persona 4 does take a pretty long time for you to get to the proper game.

The first 2 fights are basically "hey I'm gonna tell you how to beat these guys" and I remember it taking awhile to get to the first dungeon afterward.

If you're patient it does pay off, provided it's your type of game from that point onward.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#60BladinPosted 12/30/2013 8:19:15 PM
Ooseye posted...
Bladin posted...

What general consensus? The only place P4G is popular are on Vita message boards which obviously make up a tiny tiny fraction of the total gaming community,

Maybe the time it was released on ps2 also...? Your much harder pressed to find people who have a negative reaction toward the game than a positive one. And I'm not counting gamefaqs boards which are a terrible measure since there are trolls in everything that's popular.
---
FC 5241-1912-1364