So aside from lack of games, does anyone have significant qualms with the Vita?

#1lnoscopedJFKPosted 12/30/2013 2:52:35 AM
I just picked one up last week and I've pretty much fallen in love with it. The accessibility is extremely convenient, and I've only played one game on it but the touch controls integrated are just perfect, they're not under-utilized nor are they shoved down your throat. I'm just wondering if anyone has anything against the Vita besides it not having much games? Because if not, then this hand-held truly isn't getting the praise it deserves, and I blame part of that on Sony for not getting that many big titles on it, at least not in the US.
#2DaTreasureChestPosted 12/30/2013 2:53:49 AM
I own twenty-eight physical games for the system and several indies. I have not experienced a lack of games.
---
New PSN: MagitekDreamz
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2llddYhZe1qj9e4io1_500.jpg
#3BuretsuPosted 12/30/2013 2:55:01 AM
The over-priced memory cards.
---
June 5, 2014: Persona Q for 3DS; Winter 2014: Persona 5 for PS3
Not changing this sig until English localization is announced. Make it happen! (11/24/2013)
#4OoseyePosted 12/30/2013 2:56:20 AM
A system can have awesome graphics, interface, hardware, etc. but without games thats worth absolutely nothing.
---
PLAYING: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) & Virtues Last Reward (Vita)
#5lnoscopedJFK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 3:08:01 AM
DaTreasureChest posted...
I own twenty-eight physical games for the system and several indies. I have not experienced a lack of games.

Well when talking about a lack of games, it doesn't have to just mean there's not a lot of games in general. I think when people say there's a lack of games, they mean there's a lack of interesting or known games. So far most of the Vita games I know that are significantly known are either Sony exclusives (Uncharted) or at least Series' that favor Sony (Assassins Creed).

That's not to say that the Vita doesn't have an adequate supply of games, just that it doesn't have an adequate supply of widely known games, and it doesn't have well enough marketing for the games it does have to be widely known.
#6OoseyePosted 12/30/2013 3:16:26 AM
lnoscopedJFK posted...
I think when people say there's a lack of games, they mean there's a lack of interesting or known games.

Exactly. People complained when other systems had shovelware so why should the Vita be exempt from the same criticism?
---
PLAYING: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), Senran Kagura Burst (3DS) & Virtues Last Reward (Vita)
#7Helios_KnightPosted 12/30/2013 3:18:29 AM
Buretsu posted...
The over-priced memory cards.

I'm going to have to agree with this and add bubble limits, the rear touch pad, and the content manager.

It's a great system though, people who complain about a lack of games really need to actually look at the library. Considering I constantly hit the stupid bubble limit without my ps+ games kinda proves this point.
---
3DS Friend Code 3480-3864-9244
#8dancer62Posted 12/30/2013 3:20:00 AM
DaTreasureChest posted...

Sure, I have five physical games and a 32gb card pretty much filled with the Instant Games Collection, a few PSP and PS1 games, and a pile of indie cheapies, but where are the A-list games?

Where is the Vita equivalent of Gran Turismo, or Grand Theft Auto, or Monster Hunter, or Ace Combat, or Mass Effect, or even Shenmue?

I've got hopes, but the reality for now stinks.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#9CalvarosPosted 12/30/2013 3:26:01 AM
- overpriced memory card
- hardware problems (oled screen defects, black splotches, oled mura, vertical lines) -->> almost all vita have this issue.
- firmware unstable
- new psvita 2000 is good in many aspect but not the screen...
---
One of my trade and clone reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/68182894
#10kingofall214Posted 12/30/2013 3:31:58 AM
I have a few. Proprietary memory cards that aren't even fast is just ripping vita owners off. So is the proprietary USB cable. I know they fixed that with the 2K model but that doesn't help 1k owners.

Content manager is slow as molasses. I understand the need for it but if you're going to shove DRM down our throats then at least make sure it's usable. It shouldn't take me 20 minutes to transfer one 4GB game.

I shouldn't have to put my vita into a DMZ to get it to work properly with my connection. Before I did that it would take half an hour to download a 50Mb patch.

3G is as useless as can be. I can get an unlimited 4g plan for my phone for $50 so why is 3G on the vita so expensive?

The Start and Select buttons as well as the face buttons are too small although that is just my opinion.

Rear touch is useless and they should never have made it.

The store is messed up. Why is it that when I am browsing games some have the prices right next to the title but others I have to click on them to see the price?

The battery is terrible. Sleep mode is useless. If I put my vita into sleep mode and then go to sleep it will be dead by the time I wake up. Also why do I have to charge the thing for 20 minutes before it will let me turn it on? This is the first device I have ever owned that does this.

I know this sounds like I am just hating on the vita but I still love my vita. It just has a lot of issues.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214