Having problems with Content Manager

#1AlbinosquidPosted 1/1/2014 7:07:23 PM
I havn't ever had problems before but for some reason it keep on coming up with "Could not connect to the server".

I'm using the USB cable method, and when I plug it in it keeps on connecting and disconnecting randomly. And if it does 'connect' it just gets stuck on the "Please wait" screen.

I tried reseting my computer and no dice. I honestly have no idea whats going on. Anyone got any clues?
---
Squids' a Canadian.
#2TinyTim123Posted 1/1/2014 7:22:44 PM
Perhaps check to see if there's a newer version of the Content Manager Assistant for the PC? Is there an update function in the program, perhaps?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#3filanimetorPosted 1/1/2014 7:28:46 PM
Albinosquid posted...
I havn't ever had problems before but for some reason it keep on coming up with "Could not connect to the server".

I'm using the USB cable method, and when I plug it in it keeps on connecting and disconnecting randomly. And if it does 'connect' it just gets stuck on the "Please wait" screen.

I tried reseting my computer and no dice. I honestly have no idea whats going on. Anyone got any clues?

Are you sure it's not your cables having an issue..?
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#4Albinosquid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 7:44:26 PM
Ugh, I finally got it to work by rotating it through all four of my USB ports on my laptop until it finally decided to connect. Hope It doesn't do that again.
---
Squids' a Canadian.
#5huyiPosted 1/1/2014 9:40:09 PM
the content manager is kinda buggy, it took me a while for the software to detect my vita aswell.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#6MrFwibblesPosted 1/1/2014 9:53:44 PM
Albinosquid posted...
Ugh, I finally got it to work by rotating it through all four of my USB ports on my laptop until it finally decided to connect. Hope It doesn't do that again.

Why not set it up to connect via wi-fi instead of USB?
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#7jmtstanPosted 1/2/2014 2:15:17 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
Albinosquid posted...

This ^

Its more convenient this way, while your PC is on, you can just go content manager and select via wifi. no need USB cable.
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
#8kabutokoujiPosted 1/2/2014 6:44:46 AM
jmtstan posted...
MrFwibbles posted...
Albinosquid posted...

This ^

Its more convenient this way, while your PC is on, you can just go content manager and select via wifi. no need USB cable.

because if he is using a laptop, which he is, the laptop is using the wireless connection from the laptop to the router to get internet, so wont be able to connect from laptop to ps vita. just like Xlink Kai, he will either have to connect a CAT5 cable from the modem to the laptop, or use a desltop that has a wireless and wired connection.
#9defunct32Posted 1/2/2014 7:25:08 AM
This internet connection requirement just to transfer files is really ... Annoying, I see CMA like iTunes and while the latter is full of it too at least iTunes always work and doesn't require internet.
---
PSN and Game Centre ID: defunct32
#10BahamutBBobPosted 1/2/2014 7:30:36 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
Albinosquid posted...

This was nice. Until it stopped working. I can't get my Vita and PC to see each other over wifi anymore, and nothing changed when it stopped working. (maybe a FW update, but I updated CMA after)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob