Now that we're getting Project Diva f on both platforms...

#1Spiffy247Posted 1/1/2014 7:20:35 PM
...Will Project Diva f 2nd hit the Vita in America? I want to hear what people here think will happen with the game in North America. I really liked PDF, and my sister loves it too. I am hoping it will hit America, but I don't know how long I should wait for an localiztion announcement.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#2MrFwibblesPosted 1/1/2014 7:23:18 PM(edited)
I think the release of f will bomb in America and no more games in the series will be localised. I love the game personally, but I doubt it will sell very well.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#3Spiffy247(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 7:24:05 PM
MrFwibbles posted...
I think the release of f will bomb in America and no more games in the series will be localised.

Every Gamestop in my area sold out of the PS3 version in 3 days. I think that's not bombing.
---
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4Fray_MakenPosted 1/1/2014 7:34:38 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
MrFwibbles posted...
I think the release of f will bomb in America and no more games in the series will be localised.

Every Gamestop in my area sold out of the PS3 version in 3 days. I think that's not bombing.

What was each store's initial stock?
#5Auron_MasamunePosted 1/1/2014 7:40:33 PM
We can only hope with the acquisition of Atlus that Sega will be more willing to localize stuff (why buy the best localization team and not use them). Any news on the Release date? The last I heard was early 2014. I just hope it isn't February and March is looking bad too: Toukiden, Lightning Returns, X/X-2 HD, Dark Souls II, etc.
---
"What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when you're done, you will be undone."
-Ambassador Laquatus
#6Spiffy247(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 7:42:46 PM
Fray_Maken posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

What was each store's initial stock?

I gave up asking how many copies each store gets. Every store I call and ask never actually give me a number. They just tell me if they have zero, one, or more than one.
---
#7j2zon2591Posted 1/1/2014 7:58:20 PM
I think PJD f 2nd will make it but probably a little later.. maybe almost a year after f's (VITA) localization.

F (PS3) seems sold out on Amazon's own store and Gamestop's at least the brand new ones.

I guess SEGA's estimated about enough .

AFAIK the VITA will only get digital and I expect f 2nd to be the same..
#8AjidoMarujidoPosted 1/1/2014 8:08:05 PM
It's hard to say for the Vita.

What works in our favor is that the Project Diva games are extremely easy and cheap to localize in comparison to most other games. The fact that they're even bothering to bring the Vita version of the first game over pretty much guarantees that the PS3 version of F 2nd will be brought over, and with the localization part already done, there's a pretty decent chance that they'll at least put the Vita version up for digital-download somewhere along the line.

It will probably depend mostly on how well the Vita version sells, although I can't imagine the sales expectations being that high to begin with.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (WiiU), Resogun (PS4)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#9silenthill4vidPosted 1/1/2014 9:34:56 PM
each store prolly only get 3 copies. like the original katamari damacy, lol.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#10nyannyan91Posted 1/1/2014 9:47:14 PM
Give it 2 to 3 years after Japan release or maybe they will do another facebook poll again.