"PlayStation Plus free stuff isn't free when you're paying for PlayStation Plus"

#1Alias_NemesisPosted 1/7/2014 8:13:08 AM
...said my friend today at school.

I'm home now and his words ring annoyance and consideration in my head.

I fear I might not sleep tonight. @____@

What do you all think?
---
PSN:Gilthas_Grear - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mab700j6AC1rww746o1_500.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18cj2deav6gb4gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#2bellzemoPosted 1/7/2014 8:15:57 AM
1/10 This is too old of a debate. Nothing is free when free is seen as an absolute.
---
All that once was will be.
#3CalciferJenkinsPosted 1/7/2014 8:16:08 AM
Alias_Nemesis posted...
What do you all think?

I really like ps+.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#4GigaDogqHDPosted 1/7/2014 8:18:59 AM
Well hes right. You cant get the games without paying, so its not free.

Still a great service though.
#5DogscratchPosted 1/7/2014 8:19:15 AM
I am content with PS+, the sales are great, and the games that are included with your subscription are wonderful. UMVC3 for $12 or whatever it was a few weeks ago was an amazing deal.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#6stargazer64Posted 1/7/2014 8:36:46 AM
I don't care if people call them free. The games are described as 'free' when you download them. People (I assume) don't forget that they are paying a yearly fee to access the service. $30 a year (if you get it when it's on sale) is a pretty small fee.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" Shadow(RIP)on Vita exceeding expectations
#7ExpelDiasFlacPosted 1/7/2014 8:38:57 AM
Your friend is correct. "Free" PS+ games are not free, you are simply renting those games for the duration of the PS+ membership you paid for. Once PS+ expires, you can't play those "free" games anymore unless you pay for PS+ again.
#8gldooriiPosted 1/7/2014 8:41:47 AM
Even if PS+ didn't give you games every month it would still be worth it just for the amazing sales it gives. I've saved much more than the subscription price for 1 year. The "free" games are just an added bonus in my eyes.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#9pipitugaPosted 1/7/2014 8:42:55 AM
Getting old these topix.....
Besides nothing in life is free...
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#10blunderminePosted 1/7/2014 9:00:55 AM
He's not wrong. What I want to know is how much Sony pays to the developer each time you download something for free.