Mura Effect

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#1
I got my Vita for Christmas and while playing The Walking Dead I noticed a weird looking black and grey pattern while the screen was loading. I have heard small things about the mura effect before and was wondering if its common and not a problem?
GT: TYSPLOSION
2 years ago#2
It is common and it is not a problem as in it is not defective.
All that once was will be.
2 years ago#3
Its nothing to worry about. It's an OLED thing.
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
2 years ago#4
don't worry, its common in OLED, even my Super AMOLED on my galaxy Note has it when in dark area.
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
2 years ago#5
It could be worse, a small percentage of Persona fans experience the Mara Effect.
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
2 years ago#6
I enjoy playing my Vita while relaxing in bed in a dark room so the lines can be distracting at times, but it's usually unnoticeable as long as there is something on screen other than pure blackness. As a fan of horror games, I can tell you that it can be distracting at times. I wouldn't trade it for a LCD screen, though.

Anyone know what exactly causes the Mura effect?
3DS | Vita | Android | Linux
(message deleted)
2 years ago#8
VampireRonin posted...
Anyone know what exactly causes the Mura effect?

Like us, the Vita is crying on the inside
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
2 years ago#9
I glanced over the topic title, saw "Mass Effect", and got excited for 3 seconds.

Now I'm sad :(
2 years ago#10
Nnamz posted...
I glanced over the topic title, saw "Mass Effect", and got excited for 3 seconds.

Now I'm sad :(

Me too! What is wrong with our brains?
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" Shadow(RIP)on Vita exceeding expectations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived