Mura Effect

#1Tylerh550Posted 1/9/2014 6:32:57 PM
I got my Vita for Christmas and while playing The Walking Dead I noticed a weird looking black and grey pattern while the screen was loading. I have heard small things about the mura effect before and was wondering if its common and not a problem?
---
GT: TYSPLOSION
#2bellzemoPosted 1/9/2014 6:38:08 PM
It is common and it is not a problem as in it is not defective.
---
All that once was will be.
#3Jprime666Posted 1/9/2014 6:38:37 PM
Its nothing to worry about. It's an OLED thing.
---
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
#4jmtstanPosted 1/9/2014 6:45:50 PM
don't worry, its common in OLED, even my Super AMOLED on my galaxy Note has it when in dark area.
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
#5MrBanballowPosted 1/9/2014 6:54:10 PM
It could be worse, a small percentage of Persona fans experience the Mara Effect.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#6VampireRoninPosted 1/9/2014 7:47:31 PM
I enjoy playing my Vita while relaxing in bed in a dark room so the lines can be distracting at times, but it's usually unnoticeable as long as there is something on screen other than pure blackness. As a fan of horror games, I can tell you that it can be distracting at times. I wouldn't trade it for a LCD screen, though.

Anyone know what exactly causes the Mura effect?
---
3DS | Vita | Android | Linux
#7OhGoodGriefPosted 1/9/2014 8:01:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8GigaDogqHDPosted 1/9/2014 8:02:35 PM
VampireRonin posted...
Anyone know what exactly causes the Mura effect?

Like us, the Vita is crying on the inside
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#9NnamzPosted 1/9/2014 8:18:28 PM
I glanced over the topic title, saw "Mass Effect", and got excited for 3 seconds.

Now I'm sad :(
#10stargazer64Posted 1/9/2014 9:09:46 PM
Nnamz posted...
I glanced over the topic title, saw "Mass Effect", and got excited for 3 seconds.

Now I'm sad :(

Me too! What is wrong with our brains?
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" Shadow(RIP)on Vita exceeding expectations