Fergal "Vita is going into its prime" Gara is at it again: "Vita=iPod of gaming"

#1MTHELPosted 1/13/2014 4:37:58 PM
'Now that is has been on the market for a considerable length of time, what does Sony see as the Vita’s role? “I do actually think Vita has various roles it can play,” Gara tells me. “For the core gamer, being able to deliver things like first-person shooter games to a high standard – either by Remote Play or with a game like Killzone: Mercenary – is important and that helps satisfy those kinds of players.

“Clearly, now the price point is lower it’s open to more players and a younger audience. Games like Tearaway straddle various age groups and appeal to lots of different kinds of people, as does LittleBigPlanet. So the Vita really isn’t just for a certain kind of person.”

"Compared to PS3, Vita has had a higher percentage of games bought digitally since it was first launched,” says Gara, “it’s interesting and it demonstrates how many people look at it as the iPod of handheld gaming. More Vita games are still consumed through physical game cards than they are through digital, but things are increasingly moving the other way. Could be that in future physical games becomes the side we do without.”
---
PSN: Xeedragon
Goebbels is back and his name is Shahid.
#2MTHEL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 4:40:38 PM
Another beautiful quote: “A lot of our discussions with developers don’t centre around developing games to better suit digital or physical purchases, or even centre around developing specifically for the PS Vita.”
---
PSN: Xeedragon
Goebbels is back and his name is Shahid.
#3INKU48Posted 1/13/2014 4:52:30 PM
Wasn't he the man who blamed the Olympics for poor Vita sales? Damn, the Sochi Olympics are starting soon, poor Vita. :(
---
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 1/13/2014 4:56:54 PM
INKU48 posted...
Wasn't he the man who blamed the Olympics for poor Vita sales? Damn, the Sochi Olympics are starting soon, poor Vita. :(

damn the bad news keeps coming
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#5Nightstar1994Posted 1/15/2014 10:36:37 AM
Gaara is my favourite Naruto character.
---
Pokemon Y: Schneizel
FC: 4124 - 5013 - 1344
#6mjc0961Posted 1/16/2014 5:17:48 PM
Well he's right this time. Aside from a few select games, it's fairly useless for gaming, just like the iPod.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.