Wow. Tearaway is friggin' AWESOME.

#21Jarvis013Posted 1/19/2014 3:26:27 AM
Blabadon posted...

I adore Tearaway. I finished it about 25 minutes ago and it's honestly up there with SotC as my favorite game of all time. It's brilliantly done.

Does it run at 5 FPS like SoTC as well?
#22Semi45aPosted 1/19/2014 3:41:23 AM
stop exaggerating you exaggerator.
---
Asinine, the most overused phrase on gamefaqs for people wanting to sound smart
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#23Jarvis013Posted 1/19/2014 4:08:22 AM(edited)
No excuse for a PS2-era game to have N64 era framerate.
#24dude_meister512Posted 1/19/2014 4:20:52 AM
Jarvis013 posted...

It didn't?
#25Jarvis013Posted 1/19/2014 4:37:41 AM
dude_meister512 posted...
Jarvis013 posted...

It didn't?

SoTC runs at 20 fps on the PS2. That's N64 territory.
#26BlabadonPosted 1/19/2014 9:53:33 AM
1upsuper posted...
You've reminded me why I cannot stand gamespot. Thank you for that.

I'm glad you do like SMT IV. I think it's great, but there are certainly better SMT games (and no, I don't mean Persona, before you ask).

I've only played 4-5 FE games, but I thought Awakening was probably my favorite, but I can definitely see how it strays from the formula in many ways. Considering how FE8 ruffled feathers with its tower of grind, I can see how this would totally make diehards flip their lids.

Etrian Odyssey...it's my favorite original game series in years. IMO it's traditional turn-based first-person dungeon crawling perfected. It branches enough from the classic DnD+Wizardry formula so that it has its own identity. I still love those that stick closer to the DnD formula too though. So you might see how two games in one of my all time favorite game franchises being released in one year might make me pretty happy with the 3DS. :P

Rune Factory - do you know much about it? People that say it doesn't look spectacular tend to be those who watched a five minute video and didn't really understand it, tbh. Not sure if that's your case or not. It's incredibly deep and crammed full of content. It's Harvest Moon + fantasy + dating sim elements (light on them, but they're still there.) + JRPG elements, and it's wonderful.

Dream Team is a good game, but IMO it doesn't hold a candle to the games on my list. And I'm a very big fan of the M&L games. I did boss-only runs of the first three games, which was...quite a task. Final boss battle in PiT took me about 8 hours. But I digress.

Yes, GameSpot's new asinine choices have made it all but impossible for me to care about editing a longwinded post for grammar and spelling errors. That, and I should probably get a life.
Good looks on those impressions, I appreciate that. I know quite a few EO fans so I'll be picking up Millennium Girl when it hits $20 tomorrow (and I did my darn best to resist buying Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and EO IV for $20 each due to PSN sales, so I'll treat my poor self).

As for Rune Factory, admittedly, I don't know much about it, but I'm always willing to try. $20 is the magic price point for me on a lot of these handheld games, whether physically or digitally, so I'll wait just a litttttle bit. My handheld backlog (which is playing through Vita games I didn't play when playing my 3DS backlog which I didn't play when playing my DS backlog which I didn't play when playing through my PSP backlog which I didn't play when playing through my Vita backlog...). If I see it for a good price, I'll get it.

Thanks!Jarvis013 posted...
Blabadon posted...

I adore Tearaway. I finished it about 25 minutes ago and it's honestly up there with SotC as my favorite game of all time. It's brilliantly done.

Does it run at 5 FPS like SoTC as well?

Does Mario trim his mustache from time-to-time?
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#27AscendancyMMPosted 1/19/2014 9:59:19 AM
I liked it but it's not the best game on Vita for me. That game is Persona 4 Golden IMO. Tearaway is still a good game, a solid 8/10 for me.
---
3DS Friend Code: FC: 3024-5290-4836
PLAYSTATION NETWORK:
#28KGTriggerPosted 1/19/2014 10:01:04 AM
Akihiko__Sanada posted...
I played the demo and absolutely loved it. So I bought it for $40... but then the novelty wore off, and I only played it for an hour before never playing it again.

This happened to me, except I only paid $20.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#29Lord_VishanaPosted 1/19/2014 10:11:23 AM
I'm glad people like Tearaway. I was really interested in it at first, but as I learned more about the controls I lost interest. I tried the demo and I didn't like it either.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#30blacksinowPosted 1/19/2014 10:59:32 AM
It remains to be my favorite vita game yet.