PS Independent Mods: "Current Vita sales are cheering time for the Vita!"

#1MTHELPosted 1/20/2014 2:05:10 PM
http://psindependent.com/threads/media-create-sales-charts.15535/

"Personally, with as little as the PS VITA sales were only just recently, the current 140,000 plus a week is cheering time for the VITA. With 7.3 million plus sales, it is a moderate success. Tearaway and Killzone were critically successful, both making "Game of the Year" on some websites. This alone is good news - and with over 700 thousand in Persona 4 Golden sales, things are looking up for our little handheld.

The 2014 release schedule for the VITA looks great, with a good mix of a few AAA, several limited release retail games and many indies on PSN. Between the massive success of the 3DS and the ipad, the VITA has survived - and that alone is worth cheering about!"

"I hear VGChartz is a rock solid source for sales numbers. They are where I got the number from. It was not that long ago that I was reading articles called "Can Sony Save the VITA?"

Well, those articles I haven't read lately and I'm viewing comparisons between the ipad mini and the VITA with the VITA being the much preferred platform."

"Now that we have established that the Vita has a sufficient install base to warrant decent support from third parties, can we finally stop obsessing over meaningless sales figures?"

"Point is, only Sony knows how many copies of Tearaway were sold. And they haven't disclosed that number. So I do not believe it was only 50k units. That's just a rumour that is being perpetuated by trolls who enjoy being negative about the Vita."

Yes, these are serious posts by real people.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
Goebbels is back and his name is Shahid.
#2Starwars4JPosted 1/20/2014 2:07:52 PM
MTHEL posted...
Yes, these are serious posts by real people.

You lie. There's no way:
I hear VGChartz is a rock solid source for sales numbers. They are where I got the number from.

can be anything other than blatant sarcasm. I refuse to believe that.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3OhGoodGriefPosted 1/20/2014 2:10:10 PM
You know you're bolding too much when over half the text is bolded.

But anyways, we know PS independent has some Dingus statements from it's admins. This is just another to laugh at.
Pretty sure thevitalounge is part of that site and of equal quality. Shout out to Brian Sharron and his 'about the author' description.
#4MyFavoriteDishPosted 1/20/2014 2:12:16 PM
GameFAQs need to start banning certain news websites and external forums. This is to the highest point of absurdity.
#5SagadegoPosted 1/20/2014 2:15:36 PM
holy s*** what the hell, that site is a embarrassment to vita owners.
---
Now Playing:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3ds/ds) Dragon's Crown Persona 4 Golden (ps vita) New Super Mario Bros U/Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
#6MTHEL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 2:19:50 PM
Here are the previous quotes from these guys:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68023206
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67482814
---
#7stargazer64Posted 1/20/2014 2:23:38 PM
MTHEL posted...
Here are the previous quotes from these guys:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68023206
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67482814

Thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date with what is happening on another random message board.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 1/20/2014 2:24:56 PM
140,000+ per week....?

Ummm, where in the world did they obtain that number? Things have noticeably increased in Japan and normal weeks are around 25k. The past holiday saw even higher Vita sales.

I'm not familiar with European weekly sales.

The North American sales are just heartbreaking. 95k for the month of December is really depressing. The Vita only managed to sell 450k Vita systems hroughout all of 2013 in North America which is really frightening.

2014 looks quite pretty nice for Vita releases in Japan and North America though. I'm really hopeful that 2014 is a much better year for the system. It really is a great systems and it deserves much better than this.
---
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is my most anticipated game ever! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9MTHEL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 2:29:46 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
140,000+ per week....?

Ummm, where in the world did they obtain that number? Things have noticeably increased in Japan and normal weeks are around 25k. The past holiday saw even higher Vita sales.

I'm not familiar with European weekly sales.

The North American sales are just heartbreaking. 95k for the month of December is really depressing. The Vita only managed to sell 450k Vita systems hroughout all of 2013 in North America which is really frightening.

2014 looks quite pretty nice for Vita releases in Japan and North America though. I'm really hopeful that 2014 is a much better year for the system. It really is a great systems and it deserves much better than this.

This is the same board that views all sales figures and lack of support from Sony as magic holograms programmed by a cabal of 3DS owners trying to destroy the Vita. Really, though, the only games I'm looking forward to are Terraria 2.0, Gravity Rush 2, and Borderlands. Exactly one of those is an exclusive.
---
#10ShadyBrad1984Posted 1/20/2014 2:30:01 PM
Why is another message board, obviously full of Vita fans, being mentioned here?

Oh that's right!

Xeed Flopic again, it's getting old and I've only been back on the Vita board a month lol
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 Playing Pokemon Y, VITA!!
PSN ID: OzzyButcher (VITA)