It's Sony's fault the Ps Vita Is not selling. But Vita owners are also to blame.

#1xymox3333Posted 1/29/2014 1:44:20 PM
The Ps VIta is not selling and Sony has alot to do with it. They gave us (The owners) promises that they never kept to. We were told the Ps Vita would be getting Home console games on the go, exclusive games you could not get anywhere else. They said they would show the Ps Vita support, and get developers on board.

Two years later and The Ps Vita only has a small amount of exclusive games that would make people go out and buy the system. The support SONY promised us never came, Instead of getting Exclusive Main-entry games from established franchises, we get Spin-Offs (Most of the time Bad ones) That the majority of gamers and the Playstation community don't care about.

When The 3DS came out the gate. It was flopping so hard it wasn't even funny. But Nintendo knew this and Truly Showed that Handheld consoles still have a place in the market, They pumped the 3DS with games you could not get anywhere else.

The Ps Vita came out the Gate struggling. And Sony left it to rot. Instead of giving it big games, They ignored it for TWO YEARS, E3 2012 was a let down, E3 2013 was even worse. The good games the Ps Vita did get got Zero Marketing, along with the system itself. The Ps Vita was (And still is) taking a backseat to the PS3/PS4. But Vita owners were patient. And what Has it got us, Look at the 2014 Ps Vita game line-up and tell me what it has got us.

As Proud Member Of the Ps Vita community (my psn ID is xymox333 if you want to see my Vita games) It is time for US to take A stand. Unless Sony See's That we want games, The Ps Vita will remain nothing more then the 200$ add-on controller for the PS4.

As consumers we have more power then we realize, I ask My Fellow Vita players, to for once let Sony know we want Games, People like to say sales don't matter but they do, It Is almost a fact that everyone who has bought the Ps Vita love it, But the problem is that number is small. Third-party devs do not want to risk making a Big game and not getting any profit back, I don't blame them. Sony doesn't even want to support the system. Why should they? Indie Devs love the system but why There games Are Good, They lack people who know them meaning they do very little for Vita's hardware sales.

So now It is up to Us the Ps Vita community to Get Sony remember we still exist. While a great thing Remote-play with the PS4 seems to be doing very little for Ps Vita sales.

As consumers we need to Make Sony See that we Exist, Sony is not moving to change the current state the Ps Vita is in because they think we are okay with it. It Is up to us to tell them otherwise. But will we? Or will we continue to say "Wait until"?

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree. But I want your thoughts.
#2stargazer64Posted 1/29/2014 1:48:45 PM
It's all my fault guys. I was the one who bought Atomic Ninjas.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#3RjmhartPosted 1/29/2014 1:50:11 PM
That's a long post. I guess I agree somewhat, however I'm not sure what we can do to "be heard" other than twitter/emails, etc.

I am buying all of the games I want on Vita as preorder and paying in full in advance. I have a feeling that Gamestop keeps my money in their back pocket and none of it goes to the developer/publisher until the sale takes place. However, I am also hoping that Gamestop is reporting this back to Sony/the developers.

I email Kickstarter projects and various companies that make games using Unity. They usually don't email back and if they do it's a generic "thanks for the input". Not sure what else I can do.
---
The Vita is a great system
#4BerlingerTPosted 1/29/2014 1:50:18 PM
I think if Sony came here and saw this community, they'd have even less confidence in the Vita's audience...
---
Our Newest Review - http://psvitareviews.net/2014/01/28/resident-evil-2-review/
Follow Us on Twitter - @vitareviews
#5INKU48Posted 1/29/2014 1:51:47 PM
What is this topic suggesting we do? March down to Sony's HQ screaming "WE WANT GAMES!"?
---
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
#6stargazer64Posted 1/29/2014 1:52:43 PM
INKU48 posted...
What is this topic suggesting we do? March down to Sony's HQ screaming "WE WANT GAMES!"?

Aw, you stole Xeed's plan.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#7VampireRoninPosted 1/29/2014 1:58:52 PM
*farts*
---
3DS | Vita | Android | Linux
#8RjmhartPosted 1/29/2014 2:03:38 PM
VampireRonin posted...
*farts*

Monty Python: "If you do not localize games, I fart in your general direction".
---
The Vita is a great system
#9nophoriaPosted 1/29/2014 2:05:42 PM
Should make a tl;dr version, could you not wrap your thoughts up and get to the point quicker - especially when it concerns a silly statement such as "Vita owners are also to blame". Doubt many people want to sit and read through that rationale.

They have their plans laid out, protesting or whatever you're implying isn't going to change whatever business model they're going by.
---
Gatcha
http://youtu.be/udgycNmDetA
#10bellzemoPosted 1/29/2014 2:05:57 PM
Rjmhart posted...
VampireRonin posted...
*farts*

Monty Python: "If you do not localize games, I fart in your general direction".

Sony is a lot like the Black Knight. The Black Knight always triumphs!
---
All that once was will be.