It's Sony's fault the Ps Vita Is not selling. But Vita owners are also to blame.

#81kazutanPosted 2/3/2014 1:05:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#82Riyo_chanPosted 2/3/2014 1:09:26 AM
While I'm sure this is probably a troll/silly topic, I';m gonna post anyways!

I bought a Vita at launch (3G model, got most of the launch games too) and when my girlfriend decided it now belonged to her I bought myself a wifi model....I've bought quite a few games launch day too

I just wish we'd get more of the awesome games Japan gets (we're getting some now which I love) because PS4/XBOne make me think gaming is moving in a direction I don't want (I don't really care for FPS/Sports/Racing and I love quirky Japanese stuff)

It's even worse in the UK where we get things later or not at all, I've been away from my Vita a while so I have a few things I wanna get to catch up and there's a decent number of things upcoming (I want them to announce a UK release for the Neptunia remakes for one thing....so sue me...I like a little moe in my life!)

I like that Vita has a good variety in it's lineup too, even if not every game appeals to me there's still a lot that do (girlfriend wants a PS4....I'd rather buy stuff for Vita/3DS instead. literally nothing on PS4 I want at all other than things I already have on PC like Don't Starve and Warframe...and it's looking like it's all dudebro all the time for a while....maybe that's unfair of me though)

But I want Sony to stop trying to tell me my Vita is just a PS4 controller and start selling me games (oh and make it so all Vita/PSP games and DLC can be accessed from Vita PS Store. it's annoying needing to use the PS3 if I want some things)

Oh and memory cards in the UK are weird. I can pick up a 16gb from Amazon for 25. while a 32gb is like 65....so it's actually cheaper to buy two 16's than a 32!
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board
#83LiquiDZerOPosted 2/3/2014 3:12:58 AM
xymox3333 posted...
As consumers we need to Make Sony See that we Exist, Sony is not moving to change the current state the Ps Vita is in because they think we are okay with it. It Is up to us to tell them otherwise. But will we? Or will we continue to say "Wait until"?

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree. But I want your thoughts.

Nope.

It's NEVER the consumer's responsibility to make a product succeed. I have tons of Sony products: a bravia, three vaio notebooks, cybershot, ps1, ps2, ps3, vita, and a psp. I also worked as a temp worker at Sony Electronics. I have NEVER EVER felt the need to purchase anything sony because I wanted to "support" them. I got my stuff because 1) I was getting my expensive sony stuff at a discount from working for them and 2) I genuinely like their products.

If they want me to buy something, it is THEIR responsibility as a manufacturer to make the product worth while. I haven't purchased a walkman mp3 player or any sony cell phone. Why? Because I liked the ipod, iphone, and my samsung galaxy products better.

A consumer's job is to do their own research and find products that appeal to them. For as much negativity as some board members hear have, I enjoy my Vita and found it a worthwhile purchase. I don't have anything in particular I'd want on the 3DS so I don't have one.

You've got it completely backwards, it's the company that's supposed to bend over to entice the consumer. Throwing away your money in an effort to have a company appeal to your desires is a worthless endeavor. The whole point of capitalism is corporations doing their best to compete against one another for consumer sales, THAT is what drives innovation.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#84xymox3333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 6:53:45 AM
LiquiDZerO posted...
xymox3333 posted...
As consumers we need to Make Sony See that we Exist, Sony is not moving to change the current state the Ps Vita is in because they think we are okay with it. It Is up to us to tell them otherwise. But will we? Or will we continue to say "Wait until"?

Nope.

It's NEVER the consumer's responsibility to make a product succeed. I have tons of Sony products: a bravia, three vaio notebooks, cybershot, ps1, ps2, ps3, vita, and a psp. I also worked as a temp worker at Sony Electronics. I have NEVER EVER felt the need to purchase anything sony because I wanted to "support" them. I got my stuff because 1) I was getting my expensive sony stuff at a discount from working for them and 2) I genuinely like their products.

If they want me to buy something, it is THEIR responsibility as a manufacturer to make the product worth while. I haven't purchased a walkman mp3 player or any sony cell phone. Why? Because I liked the ipod, iphone, and my samsung galaxy products better.

A consumer's job is to do their own research and find products that appeal to them. For as much negativity as some board members hear have, I enjoy my Vita and found it a worthwhile purchase. I don't have anything in particular I'd want on the 3DS so I don't have one.

You've got it completely backwards, it's the company that's supposed to bend over to entice the consumer. Throwing away your money in an effort to have a company appeal to your desires is a worthless endeavor. The whole point of capitalism is corporations doing their best to compete against one another for consumer sales, THAT is what drives innovation.

I Think you might have missed my point. I already know that it was (And still is) Sony's job to ensure the Ps Vita was a success, but going by your logic the Xbox community should not have said anything when Microsoft showed all of those new policies on the Xbox One.

You even said that you like Sony's products, I do to Which Is why I went out And got the Ps Vita (After I saw some games I wanted) As consumers we need to tell Sony support their OWN product, that we had to pay for.

You sound like you are saying Vita owners should be Happy about the Support we are NOT getting?

Do not forget that Consumers can take a company under faster then the company Themselves no matter how much they do right (which is sad). This almost never happens, but the times it has should be noted.

Sony released a product (The Ps Vita) that needs game support, But when Vita Owners act like everything is okay Sony are going to think two things. They are doing a good job or, we (The consumers) are to stupid to see that they are not Supporting there own platform. There is the third thing where they could no the Vita needs support and jave games ready. Buy going by there current history that is unlikely (I could be wrong).

These are the points I was trying to make. Do not forget that Company's can only do so much before they need feedback from Consumers, fans......ect..ect.
#85vazurahanPosted 2/3/2014 9:32:12 AM
xymox3333 posted...
LiquiDZerO posted...
xymox3333 posted...

Nope.

I Think you might have missed my point. I already know that it was (And still is) Sony's job to ensure the Ps Vita was a success, but going by your logic the Xbox community should not have said anything when Microsoft showed all of those new policies on the Xbox One.

You even said that you like Sony's products, I do to Which Is why I went out And got the Ps Vita (After I saw some games I wanted) As consumers we need to tell Sony support their OWN product, that we had to pay for.

You sound like you are saying Vita owners should be Happy about the Support we are NOT getting?

Do not forget that Consumers can take a company under faster then the company Themselves no matter how much they do right (which is sad). This almost never happens, but the times it has should be noted.

Sony released a product (The Ps Vita) that needs game support, But when Vita Owners act like everything is okay Sony are going to think two things. They are doing a good job or, we (The consumers) are to stupid to see that they are not Supporting there own platform. There is the third thing where they could no the Vita needs support and jave games ready. Buy going by there current history that is unlikely (I could be wrong).

These are the points I was trying to make. Do not forget that Company's can only do so much before they need feedback from Consumers, fans......ect..ect.

Consumers are not buying it. Isn't that enough proof that they don't want the Vita?

It has nothing to do with the gamers that already bought it.
#86bigarsebits1Posted 2/6/2014 8:23:59 AM
Seems to me that there are so many that get down on the vita for a lot of reasons, yet the vita is hands down the best handheld tech. speaking that has ever been made. The 3ds does a great job of providing a huge amount of games, but seriously, when people complain that the vita is failing, I just don't see it that way. I work very hard for a living, many many hours each week, and truthfully, the amount of games matters very little to me, because I think the genres currently offered and the length of the games right now for the vita are perfect, at least for me. True we need a few huge titles, but overall, I am more than happy with my vita and I find myself playing the 3ds less and less. A vast library of titles is great if you are a collector, but I actually play through all of mine, and I think this generation of gamers needs to ask themselves if it's Sony or even the other game companies that are failing, or are we expecting far too much ? Entitlement is waaay out of hand these days, and balance in one's life is key - by all means, enjoy those games, but anyone who has time to play every 3ds title and laugh at Vita's fewer offerings needs to take a look at the grand scheme and read a book, do better in school/work, or get out and get some fresh air...And as for the vita not delivering ? That's just crazy talk...try it with the PS4...trust me - it delivers in spades...
---
"Facere Non Dicere"
#87Jarvis013Posted 2/7/2014 12:29:32 AM
bigarsebits1 posted...
Seems to me that there are so many that get down on the vita for a lot of reasons, yet the vita is hands down the best handheld tech.

The PS2 was a piece of crap compared to the Cube/Xbox but it had a dominant library of games. Ended up being the best selling console of all-time. DS had inferior hardware to the PSP but it had a fantastic library. Ended up being the best selling handheld of all-time.
#88SuigintouEVPosted 2/7/2014 5:53:41 PM
The biggest killer app for vita is Tales of Hearts R - and it wasn't even localized. It's namco's fault not Sony.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#89SlaysmePosted 2/7/2014 7:24:18 PM
Public perception. It's way more important than most realize, including listers here. It does matter, as much as advertising, IMO.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily