What's the best pinball game available on Vita?

#1GenocideHeartPosted 2/3/2014 12:48:46 PM
See topic title. Minis and PSP games can also apply. Any favorites?
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#2stargazer64Posted 2/3/2014 1:14:44 PM
Zen Pinball 2.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#3stargazer64Posted 2/3/2014 1:19:35 PM
Be warned that you can download trials of all the Zen Pinball tables, and it will eat up your memory card space even if you choose not to buy the full table.

My favorite tables:

Star Wars Collection
Fantastic Four
Epic Quest
Plants vs Zombies
Mars
Paranormal
Socerer's Lair
Tesla
Earth Defense
Excalibur
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations
#4Roddy100Posted 2/3/2014 1:25:35 PM
Zen Pinball 2 is all you need. I have around 24 tables and it is among my most played games on both Vita and PS3.

The graphics are incredibly polished, the interface is slick, the physics are spot-on, the Vita-specific features are superbly implemented - you can't go wrong.

However, I agree with stargazer. Caution is required in regards to downloading the trials as they cannot be deleted without deleting your whole game. If you have a PS3, it's best to download any trials on there to try them out and use your precious Vita memory card space for purchased tables only. If you don't have a PS3, watching youtube videos should give you an idea of the tables you'd like.
#5GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 1:27:21 PM
Thank you. I did try Zen Pinball 2's basic edition, and it was pretty good, but I was unsure which was better, it or Pinball Arcade.

Granted, on PS3 there's also Pinballistik...
---
#6DougyBPosted 2/3/2014 1:31:04 PM
Supposedly Zen Pinball is more arcade-like since the tables can get a bit ridiculous. If you want something that recreates tables realistically then you might want something else.

I personally love Zen Pinball, though.
---
b
#7stargazer64Posted 2/3/2014 1:31:13 PM
A lot of people prefer Pinball Arcade's more realistic approach. I am not one of those people.
---
#8Mcnugget2256Posted 2/3/2014 1:31:25 PM
....There's only like 2 pinball games.
---
Playing: Spelunky, Soul Sacrifice, Rayman Legends.
Waiting: Minecraft Vita, MH4U, Persona 5, Fallout 4.
#9GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 2:04:33 PM
Mcnugget2256 posted...
....There's only like 2 pinball games.

I did say 'PSP and Minis included'. PSP has at least 3 of them, if memory serves, and Minis have Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies.
---
#10MetalZoicPosted 2/3/2014 2:14:37 PM
stargazer64 posted...
A lot of people prefer Pinball Arcade's more realistic approach. I am not one of those people.

The real problem is that The Vita version of The Pinball Arcade is pretty bad. Bad, blurry textures. Slowdowns. Riddled with bugs and glitches. Poor programming all around. No support to fix any of the issues etc...

I love pinball and I own both games, but I would never, ever recommend TPA for the Vita. Its just way to low quality.