Are YOU buying Mon Mon?

#101foxgamer92Posted 2/6/2014 11:08:53 AM
Veemon_X posted...
foxgamer92 posted...
Running poorly =/= only fanservice. I will admit that Hyperdimension Neptunia does seem to have issues running on the PS3 that it shouldn't. I can't speak for Mk2 or Victory because I'm waiting for the Vita versions. I'm not far in them, but so far, Rebirth, Socery Saga, Mugen Souls, and Neptune Idol all run smoothly. Monster Monpiece so far has no problems and I got at least 1/4 in.

My "feelings" aren't hurt in any way. But I am sick of people attacking them just because they don't like them. No one is forcing you to play it.

I actually enjoy the game play and story of their games. So I don't consider myself a "sucker."

I am not denying that they could put more effort into program execution. And I realize that just because I have not encountered problems it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Fanservice is not all that gives their games substance. Some of us like the game play and stories. That's all I'm trying to say.

I didn't mean to attack the game. But if people are very vocal about graphics changes (it was stated that the cards themselves remain just they reuse drawings), it makes me wonder. It's a game, not a movie, not a song.

To me it's even more silly than people not buying games solely on a dub (and furthermore wanting a game to fail). I guess the logic is to have a company bend to their win (it's great to have a dual language game, don't get me wrong), but it's seemingly easier for a company just to not release a game at all if the sales indicate the last localization for a niche title was a waste of money. Fortunately it seems the reality is its a number of small people that takes this stance.

You didn't attack it. I'm talking about people like Lemon who used to bash any IF/CH game for no reason any time there was a topic about them. He doesn't do that anymore. I just used him as an example because I have trouble remembering names unless they come up often.
---
PlayStation Vita has a very bright future. NIS and Compile Heart know that Sony does what Nintendon't.
PSN:Setsuna1292 If you add me, please send a note.
#102dementedlullabyPosted 2/6/2014 11:10:32 AM
Maybe if it hits a good sale price down the line. I don't need another card game asap. I don't care about the loli thing, just if the game is entertaining or not.

Now I want to play Culdcept. Thanks >=(.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#103HumblyMediocrePosted 2/6/2014 11:22:39 AM
I usually don't boycott, but I full respect and understand the desire and need to for legitimate reasons.

I've never been a fan of censorship, regardless of the content. The content should be clearly marked and the consumer should be given the chance to say "yes" or "no" with their wallet.

It's not just that, however. It's IF threatening their fans because of a small minority subset were outspoken on a couple of message boards. Let's face it, IF games along with Compile Heart games don't sell that well in the states, whether the game is good or not. Saying, "well maybe we won't localize anymore" to the one small niche-of-a-niche group of consumers you have is just cutting off your nose to spite the barely noticeable blemish on the back of your neck. I don't care for developers/publishers threatening the enjoyment of their fans. We have enough Phil Fish's in the world.
---
Writer, game enthusiast, and all-around geek.
#104Trigger99XPosted 2/6/2014 11:27:27 AM
little interest
#105Termin8rPosted 2/6/2014 4:56:01 PM
The last game I ever played that had card battling as a main gameplay mechanic was Princess Waltz, and that's only because it was a VN, as those usually get very little interactivity at all. It frankly didn't interest me that much and while Idea Factory is alright and all, this is just a plain skip for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e6zStfw.gif
#106first-dollPosted 2/8/2014 12:17:12 PM
Importing
---
Looking forward to: Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Demon Gaze, Conception II, Mind=Zero, Deception IV, and Danganronpa.
2014: Year of the Vita.
#107Ep1taph303Posted 2/8/2014 12:21:13 PM
first-doll posted...
Importing

Pervert.
#108Riyo_chanPosted 2/8/2014 12:22:09 PM
Buying day one, I love card games, I love cute girls...what's not to like?

As for the whole censorship thing, I feel it's a little overblown, if you want naked anime girls, hit up google....some people just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, the game will play EXACTLY the same....I'd like an uncensored version yes...but to completely skip the game just because of it? Silly thing to do
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
#109Ep1taph303Posted 2/8/2014 1:20:22 PM
Riyo_chan posted...
Buying day one, I love card games, I love cute girls...what's not to like?

As for the whole censorship thing, I feel it's a little overblown, if you want naked anime girls, hit up google....some people just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, the game will play EXACTLY the same....I'd like an uncensored version yes...but to completely skip the game just because of it? Silly thing to do

You like cute loli girls? What is wrong with you?