Persona 3 FES or portable?

#61FelineCyborgPosted 2/5/2014 12:17:31 AM
grangia posted...
Jprime666 posted...
FES

P3P is pretty good if you're already familiar with P3, but for a first timer having all the areas to actually walk around makes the world feel much more alive.

Definitely. P3P is a nice fanservice extra for people who've already played the main story. The FeMC makes for a nice "what if" scenario and is a nice change from the male MCs.

I hope P5 also has options for both genders! :D

i spent around 80 hrs on the psp version never touching FES. i guess if i ever get around to playing it my mind will be blown
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
#62JulesNeciPosted 2/5/2014 12:27:08 AM
FES duh
#63co1onelPosted 2/5/2014 12:47:33 AM(edited)
It all comes down to personal preference and which features are more important to you. I much prefer FES because I like being able to see the characters and world as the scenes are played out.

AragornKenobi posted...
If you started with the series with P4, then you may hate the battle system of FES

I disagree. If you started the series with P4, I think you're more likely to hate the visual novel style of P3P.
---
++++======+++++----|=
#64ChemicalBurritoPosted 2/5/2014 6:36:22 AM
FelineCyborg posted...
i spent around 80 hrs on the psp version never touching FES. i guess if i ever get around to playing it my mind will be blown

Your mind will be blown by the concentrated weapons-grade stupidity oozed by your party members in combat. Particularly and especially Mitsuru.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), EOIV (3DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#65ChemicalBurritoPosted 2/5/2014 6:44:20 AM
Rikkettik posted...
but at other times you'll be happy you don't have to watch everyone "going through the motions" every single line.

How dare you say that? Low-quality 3D models flailing their arms around and going into convulsions every other line really draws you into the story!
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), EOIV (3DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#66arjames13Posted 2/5/2014 7:31:49 AM
I'm playing through P3P now for the female character and it's been about 6 years since I played FES. I've noticed some errors in script already like referring to me as "him" and "dude" and guys". I'm just in the beginning though.
---
PSN ID: Fangnfx
#67mhayes86Posted 2/5/2014 10:48:55 AM(edited)
Hard decision honestly. FES is great for a more immersive experience, especially with the animated cutscenes and The Answer epilogue (which is tedious and grind heavy), but prepare for raging: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/303/7/4/marin_karin_by_turtwig123-d31ud1a.jpg

P3P's abililty to allow you to directly control your party members pretty much wins, but I'm still glad to have played through FES at least once.

Everyone with explanations listed great reasons between the two, so you'll have to decide between better gameplay or an immersive experience. For a first timer, I'd probably recommend FES as well, but unless you love it, you'll probably never play it again and stick with P3P for subsequent playthroughs.

Edit: Just saw that someone else posted the image already, hah.
#68rupok93(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 10:49:00 AM
I bought FES and am playing on the emulator on pc instead of ps3. I don't like pirating stuff from companies I like. Also pc emu graphics are better.

I might get p3p also.
#69FelineCyborgPosted 2/5/2014 3:40:30 PM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
FelineCyborg posted...

Your mind will be blown by the concentrated weapons-grade stupidity oozed by your party members in combat. Particularly and especially Mitsuru.

i honestly dont know how i'd cope with not being able to soul drain and clear a block of the tower in one night. it might make things more interesting or more annoying ...kind of like a challenge run i 'spose
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
#70CooperRCPosted 2/5/2014 4:13:32 PM
FES is the best version.