Article: Sony has no plans to further lower PS Vita memory card prices

#1ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/4/2014 10:35:21 PM
Bad news:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-has-no-plans-to-further-lower-ps-vita-memory-card-prices

Memory card prices are my main issue with the Vita. Due to their high cost, I have only bough one memory card and that has led me to avoid buying digital games more than once.
#2Aadrian1234Posted 2/4/2014 10:39:38 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Bad news:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-has-no-plans-to-further-lower-ps-vita-memory-card-prices

Memory card prices are my main issue with the Vita. Due to their high cost, I have only bough one memory card and that has led me to avoid buying digital games more than once.

How many times has Sony shot themselves in the foot by not decreasing Memory Card prices? It's the biggest complaint when it comes to people wanting a Vita, yet Sony doesn't do a damn thing about it
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#3LinkMaster2703Posted 2/4/2014 10:41:26 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Bad news:

How many times has Sony shot themselves in the foot by not decreasing Memory Card prices? It's the biggest complaint when it comes to people wanting a Vita, yet Sony doesn't do a damn thing about it

You mean besides the library? People who want a Vita are doing just what TC did, buying a smaller card and avoiding digital.
---
3DS friend code: 4081-5496-3475
PSN: C_Dalke
#4PangLaPosted 2/4/2014 10:50:41 PM(edited)
People are still complaning about this? Just save your money and get the 32GB (or 64GB when it comes out) and you won't have to worry about buying one ever again. This is not like an sd card where you have to buy multiple one for your phone, camera, tablet so I don't get why people are still complaining. You only need one.
#5j2zon2591Posted 2/4/2014 11:13:53 PM
Sony has confirmed it currently has “no plans to further lower” PS Vita memory card prices.

" ..We’ll let you know when we do.”

-article

Sony will drop its MSRP in the future.. maybe the distant future lol

They may not drop the price anytime soon per se.. but I bet they'd bump down the tier pricing when the 64 GB officially reaches the west.

Something like $ 89 - 109 MSRP for 64 GB
$ 49 - 59 for 32 GB
#6sonicbnPosted 2/4/2014 11:15:30 PM
so just pray for a third party memory card like with the psp huh
#7Infernus93Posted 2/4/2014 11:24:04 PM
PangLa posted...
People are still complaning about this? Just save your money and get the 32GB (or 64GB when it comes out) and you won't have to worry about buying one ever again. This is not like an sd card where you have to buy multiple one for your phone, camera, tablet so I don't get why people are still complaining. You only need one.

Because a card that should cost $40 costs $80. Needing more than one or not was never the issue, though it actually does become one when people buy an 8 GB or 16 GB card because they don't want to spend so much in one go.

My other devices only need one card, so in that sense, it's exactly like an SD card. A proprietary, overpriced, relatively poor performance SD card. A lot of people wish they would've just used SD cards.

At this point I'd be really happy if they included a $10 PSN credit or a download voucher for a specific game with the larger cards. I thought I saw something like that for regions outside of NA, but they cost more which kind of defeated the point.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#8alexg1989Posted 2/4/2014 11:27:21 PM
sonicbn posted...

would this even be possible?

it worked with the PSP because the pro duos were pretty big and able to fit up to two micro SD cards, but the vita memory cards are already about the size of a micro SD... I dunno how that would work...
---
HAIL SATAN! Satan is my lord & savior. All others are false idols.
I didn't adapt to the darkness. The darkness adapted to me.
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/4/2014 11:27:52 PM
I got a 32 gig for $40 from Best Buy. I've literally never seen a 32 gig in any other store since.

Even with that I'm down to 5 gigs left, and that's after buying some games I had gotten for free on PS+ physically to free up space.

And for collection purposes. Always for the collection.
---
Now Playing: Beyond: Dead Space 3 (PS3), Sonic LW (WiiU), SM3DW (WiiU), Pikmin 3 (WiiU), MGS2 qHD(Vita) SC: Blacklist, Killer is Dead (360)
#10ORANGE666Posted 2/4/2014 11:35:27 PM
sonicbn posted...

That won't happen. The reason there were third party cards for MS Duo was because it was a joint effort by Sony and Sandisk. Sandisk screwed Sony over by liscensing the cards to other companies such as lexar. That pretty much ended the Sony Sandisk partnership.

There is no chance of third party cards, unless Sony liscenses them out. And its not possible for chinese manufacturers to make cards because they don't have access to the magic gate software.