2 Years Out - How is Your Launch Vita Holding Up?

#1backguard222Posted 2/5/2014 4:31:21 PM
Battery still holding a charge? Buttons and sticks working fine? Screen doing ok? 2 years out - is the Vita a durable product?

(For me - my screen has a few minor scratches - my fault - everything else is fine. The R button MIGHT be starting to act up but it is too early to tell. I'm surprised that my sticks work perfectly still given how many games require you to hold the left thumbstick up for long periods of time - walking running etc.)
---
Why not to call the PC the master race:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Race
#2OoseyePosted 2/5/2014 4:34:15 PM
My battery doesn't seem to last as long anymore, but I don't know for sure, I never time it.
Besides that it seems fine though, but I don't take it out of the house with me almost ever.
---
PLAYING: Devil May Cry 3 HD, Senran Kagura Burst & Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
#3SevynePosted 2/5/2014 4:41:54 PM
First Edition Bundle here and mine is holding up as well as when I first got it. Battery is fine, sticks and triggers are still perfect, and the screen is the same as it's ever been.

To Ooseye; The battery issue could just be game related. I do know certain games seem to really eat up battery life like it's nobody's business. KZ Mercenary for example is a battery guzzler. Just something I've observed, but I'm not completely sure this is the issue you are having.
#4ZerowuPosted 2/5/2014 4:45:22 PM
I haven't used mine in a year. Nothing I really must play. It's been in the protective pouch.
#5OoseyePosted 2/5/2014 4:53:00 PM
Sevyne posted...
First Edition Bundle here and mine is holding up as well as when I first got it. Battery is fine, sticks and triggers are still perfect, and the screen is the same as it's ever been.

To Ooseye; The battery issue could just be game related. I do know certain games seem to really eat up battery life like it's nobody's business. KZ Mercenary for example is a battery guzzler. Just something I've observed, but I'm not completely sure this is the issue you are having.

Really? Why you think that is? I've never heard of this issue with any other handheld but Vita is significantly stronger than any other handheld I've had so maybe the graphics drain the battery IDK.
---
PLAYING: Devil May Cry 3 HD, Senran Kagura Burst & Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
#6OhGoodGriefPosted 2/5/2014 4:57:21 PM
Will is doing well but he's at that age where he sneaks out at night and thinks I don't notice. It's pretty obvious when I check on him in the morning and his battery is low. I'm glad I got the screen protector. Always use protection.
Anyways, what more can I say? Boys will be boys.

:[
/|\
/ \
#7TinyTim123Posted 2/5/2014 5:17:17 PM
FEB, battery seems fine, though I often charge it. The only major wear and tear is my right analogue stick wants to be clicky sometimes, like if I press down, it clicks. Alas, this is not an intended feature on the Vita.
I have a Sony branded screen protector (which sucks for fingerprints; I have a Hori protector that I haven't used because it's hard to justify pulling off a stil good protector only to replace it), and the Muramasa Rebirth Collector's faceplate to protect it.
Still, everything works just fine tor me, and the awesome part of it, I never had any noticeable mura on my screen in the first place.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8melman101Posted 2/5/2014 5:26:44 PM
FEB is awesome. Dropped it in a hospital bathroom and a few times in the case. No scratches on screen, but I have a Sony screen protector. I have scratches on the touchpad but nothing serious.

Buttons, analog sticks and everything else is perfect :-)
#9SwegMsterRaidenPosted 2/5/2014 5:34:06 PM
Mine is doing okay. My brother threw my Vita out of anger and the right stick feels a bit off. I was going to replace it but it just got out of warranty a few weeks earlier. Oh well. That was last year in the summer. The stick is okay it's not that noticeable. I'll get a slim when my Vita starts crapping out.
#10jmtstanPosted 2/5/2014 5:36:04 PM
all still good.
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79